Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor crash after upgrade from 3.3.5 to 3.3.13
My site upgrade this evening was fairly straight forward from 3.3.5 to 3.3.13.
However, as soon as a load a page to edit, the text appears a fraction of a second and then disappears, leaving a blank editor area.
My page health check is all green and I have disabled all plugins.

There is NO log file other than failedlogins.log in data/other/logs.
I switched debugging on in the gsconfig.php but that does not reveal anything.

I understand that this new version brings a upgraded editor. I disabled the HTML editor after which I do see the raw HTML. Fine for me, but not useful for the end user.

Can anyone point me in a direction to search? Much appreciated as I feel I am so close to make somebody's web site maintaining live much easier.

Frank
Did you change something in gsconfig.php except debugging?
(2017-05-04, 07:45:50)smdp-1971 Wrote: Did you change something in gsconfig.php except debugging?

No. I unpacked all files from the upgrade to the identical folder structure on my site. I have (had) never edited any php file manually. Yesterday when it did not work I followed some instructions to check the ckedit settings in my gsconfig.php file. I switched on debugging.
Check your js console its a js error
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Have you checked with a different browser, or machine? Cleared browser cache?
Any custom CKE settings in gsconfig?
(2017-05-05, 22:17:48)shawn_a Wrote: Check your js console its a js error

Ok. This might help. What widget is this referring to?

Quote:Error: [CKEDITOR.resourceManager.load] Resource name "widget" was not found at "http://oldoswestrians.org.uk/admin/template/js/ckeditor/plugins/widget/plugin.js?t=3.3.13".
This is the start of plugin.js

PHP Code:
 CKEDITOR
.plugins.add'widget', { 
        // jscs:disable maximumLineLength 
        lang'af,ar,bg,ca,cs,cy,da,de,el,en,en-gb,eo,es,eu,fa,fi,fr,gl,he,hr,hu,id,it,ja,km,ko,ku,lv,nb,nl,no,pl,pt,pt-br,ru,sk,sl,sq,sv,tr,tt,ug,uk,vi,zh,zh-cn'// %REMOVE_LINE_CORE% 
        // jscs:enable maximumLineLength 
        requires'lineutils,clipboard'
        onLoad: function() { 
            CKEDITOR.addCss
                '.cke_widget_wrapper{' +
Mmm. The upgrade check now also fails.

Quote:GetSimple Version

Upgrade Check Failed !
Download
GSLOGINSALT             No
GSUSECUSTOMSALT    No
(2017-05-06, 01:43:48)Carlos Wrote: Have you checked with a different browser, or machine? Cleared browser cache?
Any custom CKE settings in gsconfig?

Yes, various OS/browsers all have the same problem. I did clear browser cache and no custom settings in gsconfig.
I think maybe you have a plugin that uses something that needs that plugin as a dependency now.
do you have any special advanced plugins ?
(2017-05-07, 22:52:19)shawn_a Wrote: I think maybe you have a plugin that uses something that needs that plugin as a dependency now.
do you have any special advanced plugins ?

All plugins show as disabled on the plugin page. Puzzled. Confused
I think I will start again from a clean slate tonight and add pages manually.
Could be a browser cached issue, but you already tried different browsers. So that is odd
I suggest you re-upload GS overwriting all files, just in case. You just need to upload index.php and admin/* (making sure you overwrite all files)

BTW you don't need to create your pages again if you do a clean install - you can make a backup of xml files in data/pages, then re-upload those files after installing.
(2017-05-09, 02:43:43)Carlos Wrote: I suggest you re-upload GS overwriting all files, just in case. You just need to upload index.php and admin/* (making sure you overwrite all files)

BTW you don't need to create your pages again if you do a clean install - you can make a backup of xml files in data/pages, then re-upload those files after installing.

Thanks, especially the page restore worked beautifully. Big Grin

I copied all files for fresh install and changed permissions to 755. Navigate to /admin page and I get upgrade check failed with most of the listing below as ok except these 2 settings/files? What are they?

GSLOGINSALT    No
GSUSECUSTOMSALT    No

Upgrade Check Failed ! 3.3.13
Download
PHP Version 5.6.30 - OK
Folder PermissionsOK - Writable
cURL Module Installed - OK
GD Library Installed - OK
ZipArchive Installed - OK
SimpleXML Module Installed - OK
Apache web server Apache - OK
Apache Mod Rewrite Installed - OK