Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages_Access Support thread
Nearly complete with the pages_access plugin . . . Coming shortly

The plugin will allow admins to restrict the views of the GS back end pages tab according to user and page permissions set.
The plugin now uploaded to Extend. Please appreciate it's my first and as such there may be quirks.

By all means let me know and I'll remedy them asap

I have updated the original zip file with a couple of minor alts.

If you have downloaded before May 19th 10:30 GMT (UK time) please download the updated version zip file.

Many thanks and apologies for any inconvenience
This plugin sounds very promising! Thank you for the time and energy you put in developing it.

Installation works. I put all the files and folders where they should. However, on the pages list does not show. I only see 'javascript enabled' and the footer of the list which states the number of pages I have.

There is also no tab (on top or in the sidebar) for Pages Access.

It seems refresh didn't add me to the Admin list. I did it manually and now it works.
(2017-05-20, 12:43:22)Hitcom Wrote: This plugin sounds very promising! Thank you for the time and energy you put in developing it.

Installation works. I put all the files and folders where they should. However, on the pages list does not show. I only see 'javascript enabled' and the footer of the list which states the number of pages I have.

There is also no tab (on top or in the sidebar) for Pages Access.

It seems refresh didn't add me to the Admin list. I did it manually and now it works.

Morning Hitcom

I've updated the plugin over the past day or so. If you can download a fresh copy then it should be ok. the 'javascript enabled' will no longer be present.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated
not work.
(2017-05-21, 13:45:12)Carrara Wrote: not work.

oh yes lol - that's very meaningful and very helpful post to find a solution to the problem for plugin developer.
Hey people, please drop the dumb postings like this one!
'pages_access' tab is not displayed when I'm on the pages tab. Furthermore, the line:
echo "<script>console.log(Javascript enabled);</script>";  causes an js error because you forgot the quote marks:
Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list:
[Image: Screenshot%202017-05-21%2013.36.15.png]
(2017-05-21, 21:38:56)Bigin Wrote: 'pages_access' tab is not displayed when I'm on the pages tab. Furthermore, the line:
echo "<script>console.log(Javascript enabled);</script>";  causes an js error because you forgot the quote marks:
Uncaught SyntaxError: missing ) after argument list:
[Image: Screenshot%202017-05-21%2013.36.15.png]

Thanks Bigin for spotting that. I've removed of the error and uploaded a new zip file (page_accessv1.0.7) to Extend.

Appreciate the feedback, many thanks
As mentioned previously 'pages_access' tab is not displayed.
In the install description you write:
When the plugin first loads it will add the currently logged in user name to the 'admin' array.(This is why we refresh in the pages tab).

This will never happen and this code isn't executed:
PHP Code:
//initialise admin array on installation
if(empty($admin)){

$adminInit file_get_contents($PA_folder."groups.php");

$adminInitUD str_replace("\$admin = array()","\$admin = array('".$PA_current_user."')",$adminInit);

file_put_contents($PA_folder."groups.php",$adminInitUD);

Do you know why? - Because the $admin array isn't empty, you have forgotten to remove 'cobber' in the groups.php ;-)

That is why I believe, that nobody had ever succeeded to run your plugin properly and you can remove the five-star ratings which you have given yourself before with a clear conscience lol
(2017-05-22, 20:00:41)Bigin Wrote: In the install description you write:
When the plugin first loads it will add the currently logged in user name to the 'admin' array.(This is why we refresh in the pages tab).

This will never happen and this code isn't executed:
PHP Code:
//initialise admin array on installation
if(empty($admin)){

$adminInit file_get_contents($PA_folder."groups.php");

$adminInitUD str_replace("\$admin = array()","\$admin = array('".$PA_current_user."')",$adminInit);

file_put_contents($PA_folder."groups.php",$adminInitUD);

Do you know why? - Because the $admin array isn't empty, you have forgotten to remove 'cobber' in the groups.php ;-)

That is why I believe, that nobody had ever succeeded to run your plugin properly and you can remove the five-star ratings which you have given yourself before with a clear conscience lol

currently I have the plugin running on three different machines, on windows and linux, on Firefox, chrome and on ie.

I'll take another look at the file, also I never gave myself five stars as far as I'm aware

Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try a fresh install and see if I can replicate any problems
Just made a fresh GS installation and added the plugin.

All worked fine

Have uploaded the exact same files to Extend as of May 22nd 2017 - 15:15pm GMT (UK time)
(2017-05-22, 23:50:45)cobber Wrote: currently I have the plugin running on three different machines, on windows and linux, on Firefox, chrome and on ie.
It doesn't matter where it runs, the bug did exist in reality.

(2017-05-22, 23:50:45)cobber Wrote: I'll take another look at the file, also I never gave myself five stars as far as I'm aware
No hard feelings ;-) I do not denigrate you for that, it's only goes to show, that internet voting is a rather completely absurd.

(2017-05-22, 23:50:45)cobber Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try a fresh install and see if I can replicate any problems
You don't need to replicate any thing, just edit groups.php and remove 'cobber' string in the array

(2017-05-23, 00:16:53)cobber Wrote: Have uploaded the exact same files to Extend as of 15:15pm GMT (UK time)

and then why you have uploaded them? :-P
(2017-05-23, 00:29:30)Bigin Wrote:
(2017-05-22, 23:50:45)cobber Wrote: currently I have the plugin running on three different machines, on windows and linux, on Firefox, chrome and on ie.
It doesn't matter where it runs, the bug did exist in reality.

(2017-05-22, 23:50:45)cobber Wrote: I'll take another look at the file, also I never gave myself five stars as far as I'm aware
No hard feelings ;-)  I do not denigrate you for that, it's only goes to show, that internet voting is a rather completely absurd.

(2017-05-22, 23:50:45)cobber Wrote: Thanks for getting back to me, I'll try a fresh install and see if I can replicate any problems
You don't need to replicate any thing, just edit groups.php and remove 'cobber' string in the array

(2017-05-23, 00:16:53)cobber Wrote: Have uploaded the exact same files to Extend as of 15:15pm GMT (UK time)

and then why you have uploaded them? :-P

Hi Bigin, just downloaded a copy from Extend and Groups is empty.
PHP Code:
<?php $admin = array();$page404 = array();$groups = array("admin"=>$admin,"page404"=>$page404); ?>
no sign of cobber in anywhere.

Appreciate your patience, any chance you could download a fresh copy yourself and confirm from your end please.
I don't see any evidence at all of cobber in the present download.

Thanks again
Maybe, it's no longer there, but just because you have it already corrected. If you download an archived version of May 21, 2017 for instance, so there, you will see 'cobber' in the groups.php.

[Image: Screenshot%202017-05-22%2019.33.53.png]

Or should I have placed it in your uploaded zip file? Would you not agree it really is becoming quite ridiculous? ;-)

Ps: by the way, archived version is fine thing to expose wrongdoings and deniers.
When I download the Plugin (version 1.0.8) and upload all the files and activate it, Version 1.0 is shown in the Backend with the advise to update to the newest version 1.0.8, although i just installed that newest version.

Please edit line 13 in pages_access.php and replace
* @version: 1.0
with
* @version: 1.0.8