Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Edit page in Files Tab
In GS, we have theme / component edit facility.
Can the facility be implemented in the files folder? So we can edit the plain text (json, txt, csv, etc.)?
To avoid damage, may be restricted by only files with small size that can be edited.
sorry for my english Big Grin
Most people tend to not place these kind of files in the files section (what's the purpose?). More something for a plugin, I think.
(2017-05-20, 08:37:39)datiswous Wrote: Most people tend to not place these kind of files in the files section (what's the purpose?). More something for a plugin, I think.

Right !, this is for plugin data (but not gs plugins).
For example, now I plan to making several quiz page's using https://github.com/UrbanInstitute/quick-quiz, this quiz is very nice. Because my php and javascript skills is big zero, I apply them in GS by special pages and running well. Json data is stored in files, currently I can edit via ftp+notepad++ but if GS has the edit plain feature on the files folder that's more easy and fast.
I think this feature could be applicable to other plugins.
You could put your files in some subfolder of your theme, then edit them in Edit Theme.
(2017-05-20, 18:34:20)Carlos Wrote: You could put your files in some subfolder of your theme, then edit them in Edit Theme.
Great idea! Thank you very much! Heart
.... but i can not using field type:files on special page Sad
you could maybe use symblinks, not tested
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix