Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two home pages, cannot delete either one
I have had this problem for a while but it's getting more and more irritating and I need help.

Not sure how I got there, but I have two home pages. One is called "Home" the other "Home Page"
Both have a slug of "index-1" which I cannot change. If I try to change the slug on one to "index", it immediately comes back as "index-1". Same thing with the other.

If I try to delete either page, it is recreated immediately.

I can change the content of one page and when I do, I actually have two home pages, one that is shown when a visitor enters www.website.com and the other when he/she clicks on the Home link in the menu.
But if I try to change the content of the other page to look like it, then both pages revert to the old page.

I know it sounds crazy, and maybe my site is possessed. Maybe I need a web site exorcist... Any suggestion accepted.

I do not want to destroy (or recreate) the entire web site or take it down for any length of time as it is pretty busy. I do have a backup site that is pretty much a mirror image of the main site and it has the same problem of course, but at least my content is backed up.

I have been reluctant to go in with the console and hack it.

There has to be a proper way to clear the page index without destroying everything and if so, I'll be extremely grateful to know what it is.

Thanks in advance

Messages In This Thread
Two home pages, cannot delete either one - by Didier9 - 2017-06-09, 02:52:40