Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal error!
Hi,
having got the new site running fine on a development box, I have just uploaded it to the host and am getting lots of errors/warnings (in DEBUG mode).

The fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::addChild() is the latest problem when I am tryign to chaneg anything from the admin panel.

SimpleXML is enabled (Revision: 1.151.2.10)on the server (Revision: 1.151.2.22.2.39 on the development box)

I removed all plugins as this was causing errors initially (though I will need to put them back ... permission errors mostly)

Any advice/help ... please ...? Smile

Thanks
shumphreys Wrote:Hi,
having got the new site running fine on a development box, I have just uploaded it to the host and am getting lots of errors/warnings (in DEBUG mode).

The fatal error: Call to undefined method SimpleXMLElement::addChild() is the latest problem when I am tryign to chaneg anything from the admin panel.

SimpleXML is enabled (Revision: 1.151.2.10)on the server (Revision: 1.151.2.22.2.39 on the development box)

I removed all plugins as this was causing errors initially (though I will need to put them back ... permission errors mostly)

Any advice/help ... please ...? Smile

Thanks

Umm ... just seen that the server has PHP 5.1.3, and my development box has PHP 5.2.6 .... I guess that's the problem?
shumphreys Wrote:Just seen that the server has PHP 5.1.3, and my development box has PHP 5.2.6 … I guess that’s the problem?
It might be, we do claim to support 5.1.3 but we end up killing support for it with our updates more and more often nowadays. (Mostly because our development environments are set to higher versions of PHP as well.)

What version of GetSimple are you using? Have you tried the last SVN release?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:
shumphreys Wrote:Just seen that the server has PHP 5.1.3, and my development box has PHP 5.2.6 … I guess that’s the problem?
It might be, we do claim to support 5.1.3 but we end up killing support for it with our updates more and more often nowadays. (Mostly because our development environments are set to higher versions of PHP as well.)

What version of GetSimple are you using? Have you tried the last SVN release?

Hi, The server has now been upgraded to PHP 5.1.5 and now I get a blank page when trying to access the admin panel, even with DEBUG on. I can use the GS system by doing stuff on the development box and uploading the changed files to the production server but I am unable to access the control panel ... irritating with the plugins Sad I have not tried the latest SVN release, always slightly wary of latest releases until they've been thoroughly tested. Might that help? Problem seeems to be with the SimpleXML extensions being used.
Cheers
Also ..... Smile .... how can the following errors be eliminated?

Quote:Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /home/cas/www/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Warning: pathinfo() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/cas/www/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /home/cas/www/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Warning: pathinfo() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /home/cas/www/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /home/cas/www/admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Any server that wants to run GetSimple will need SimpleXML and DOM functions to be enabled.

The pathinfo() is another issue that has not been fixed for older PHP versions. I just checked with the PHP documentation and it seems you will need at least PHP 5.2 to use the pathinfo funtion we use for GetSimple.

For now it seems that your server being stuck on PHP 5.1 will make it unable to run GetSimple. You might want to point out to your hosting that PHP.net is no longer working on PHP 5.1 and have stable releases for both 5.2 and 5.3. (Both of those should be able to run GetSimple without problems.)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!