Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Script Injector - javascript code in specific places on your page
Good day
========

Had to add this for somebody. Was very quick plugin, still alot to be added but I hope it can help somebody else.
Basically it has a block where you enter your script or whatever text you want entered. Then just enter the constant (given on config page) into the spot on the page you want it to be added and then you are done. Will add later more script id's etc. Just quick one for 1 script block at moment.

Thanks

(I will add screenshot later of how it looks but is very simple)
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
Can’t you do the same by using the execPHP plugin and components? (Or even just execPHP?)
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Sorry was away for a few days.. will check.. just needed something very simple for now technical person to use and this seemed like a quick solution for me.. will check execPHP did not know about it and did not pick anything about it up when searching the forum for something that does something like this.

thanks
Stopped developing on GS Plugins. Anybody welcome to take the projects over. Thanks for all the support all.
had a look at the execPhp. The script injector is more meant for JavaScript into the contents back. if people have affiliate links or counters and stuff they want to add to the webpage. Not really to execute direct code typed in. Basically the idea of the plugin is to have a list of scripts that you copied and pasted into a textbox and then in your page you just point to the script and it will be placed for you there. will make it have multiple scripts laters, just one for now.. have to get my work done first. tx

hope I make sense. English bad today.. Smile
Hi there.

here is a new version that can handle multiple scripts, iframe etc.
Hello,

This plugin sounds interesting but I don't know how to use it. I have uploaded it and it appears in plugins - what next? How do I add scripts?
tosd,

go to the Pages tab in the backend, you should find a new entry called "Script Injector" in the right-hand sidebar. Click on the entry and read the description:

Quote:How to use the plugin : Just add anywhere in your page the following tag (% scriptConfusedcript_id %) Note script_id is your own ID that you gave to the script.

Below that are the Script Injector options for creating a new script, entering an id and the javascript.

Just read the page thoroughly and at your own pace, things should become clear then. If you have any remaining questions, feel free to post them here.
polyfragmented Wrote:tosd,

go to the Pages tab in the backend, you should find a new entry called "Script Injector" in the right-hand sidebar. Click on the entry and read the description:

Quote:How to use the plugin : Just add anywhere in your page the following tag (% scriptConfusedcript_id %) Note script_id is your own ID that you gave to the script.

Below that are the Script Injector options for creating a new script, entering an id and the javascript.

Just read the page thoroughly and at your own pace, things should become clear then. If you have any remaining questions, feel free to post them here.

Yes, many thanks, that is clear. What tricked me was that I had not enabled the plugin. Seems obvious but I think other plugins I have installed have enabled by default, so I missed it. As you will have gathered I am very new to GetSimple. I really am very impressed with it though.
tosd Wrote:What tricked me was that I had not enabled the plugin. Seems obvious but I think other plugins I have installed have enabled by default, so I missed it.
I don't think that plugins usually need to be activated after uploading them, that's a first for me. Anyway, glad it's working now.

tosd Wrote:As you will have gathered I am very new to GetSimple. I really am very impressed with it though.
No problem, everybody needs some time to get the ropes of things. Feel free to ask whenever you get stuck! Smile