Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Maps Plugin Not Working
I have a new install of GS 3.3.13 and am trying to use the Google Maps plugin.  I tried adding the default map to a new page and nothing displays.  I then added a new map and tried to display it but nothing.  What am I missing?  Are there other dependent plugins that I don't know about?  Is it not compatible with the latest version of GS?  Thanks in advance.
It's more than 5 yrs old, that plugin. You are right it probably doesn't work any more. If you can just use google's embed code that is the best way to include a map, and even then I am finding that if I did it a few years ago the map isn't working now.
(2017-07-21, 08:48:39)glienhard Wrote: I have a new install of GS 3.3.13 and am trying to use the Google Maps plugin.  I tried adding the default map to a new page and nothing displays.  I then added a new map and tried to display it but nothing.  What am I missing?  Are there other dependent plugins that I don't know about?  Is it not compatible with the latest version of GS?  Thanks in advance.

I use the ckeditor plugin, very simple and functional, try it.

Attached Files
.zip   googlemaps.zip (Size: 3.52 KB / Downloads: 14)
Sorry for my english Wink

Here's working Google Maps addon.

All you have to do is:

1) take a look in googlemap.php file and change in the line 97 [YOUR_KEY] to your API Key.
2) In Google Map Platform turn on Geocoding API
3) If you want to have your map set to 100% width - add to your css .gmapwidth {width:100%!important;}

That's it.

It was tested on the latest version of GetSimple CMS (3.3.13)

Attached Files
.zip   googlemap.zip (Size: 26.89 KB / Downloads: 19)
Thank you, eRestin, much appreciated!