Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] [2.03] Deleting default homepage? Removing sidebar?
Hello

I have a couple of newbie questions:

1. After adding my own homepage, I'd like to get rid of the "Welcome to GetSimple!" by demoting to it to being a child page to my new homepage, but I keep getting the above error message: What's the procedure to get rid of it?

2. I don't need a sidebar, but removing the php_get_sidebar() call in the template still leaves some blank space: How can I have articles using the space that was previously used by the sidebar. Must I edit the CSS?

Thank you.
littlebigman Wrote:After adding my own homepage, I’d like to get rid of the “Welcome to GetSimple!” by demoting to it to being a child page to my new homepage, but I keep getting the above error message: What’s the procedure to get rid of it?
You can’t. GetSimple is build to use the index page as the homepage, much like servers are build to use index.php as the homepage. You can change everything in the index page to make it the homepage you want it to be, but you can’t make another page your homepage.

littlebigman Wrote:I don’t need a sidebar, but removing the php_get_sidebar() call in the template still leaves some blank space: How can I have articles using the space that was previously used by the sidebar. Must I edit the CSS?
Yes, you will need to edit the CSS (and possibly the HTML). The default theme is really just something to start with and to use as a reference for when you develop your own theme. It has never been build to be very flexible.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for the help. So I just edited the default