Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[solved] Backup problem (unzipping)
Hello,

When I download my backups and try to unzip them, I have this kind of message :

Quote:checkdir error: /home/website/Archives/2010-09-12-0533_archive/data/uploads exists but is not directory
unable to process ../data/uploads/background.jpg.
[etc. etc.]

I have looked for a solution and I found this page (i'm a linux user) :

http://www.info-zip.org/board/board.pl?m-1284468895/

So, I think the bug happens because there is an empty
Have you had these kind of errors before when downloading a GetSimple ZIP?

Could you try unzipping any other of our packages? Especially r183 as that one was packed by me and not by Chris. If I understand that topic correctly it’s a problem with the ZIP archive possibly caused by whatever program Chris used to create the archive.

I don’t believe any of us main developers (Chris, Mike and I) run Linux so this issue might be a little hard to tackle.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Thanks for your reply, Zegnåt.

Zegnåt Wrote:Have you had these kind of errors before when downloading a GetSimple ZIP?

Never before (i've tried with r183 : no problem). This only happens with archive.zip.

Maybe the bug is caused by the empty "getsimple" folder in the archive.zip folder ? or by the name ("..") of the other one ? I do not know.

For linux users : i'm using Ubuntu 10.04 (AMD64)
Yes ! I've downloaded a great software called 7zip, and now it works !
According to the link you gave it’s a problem with how certain ZIP programs create the archive. All SVN builds r183 and before were made by me using 7zip. I’ll ask what program Chris used, he might have used something that made the archives incompatible with other software.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I use 7zip to create the installation zips, but as for the backups created within the getsimple application, its some open source script
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!