This is an old revision of the document!
GetSimple uses CKEditor as its rich-text editor of choice. It is not necessary to have this enabled to use GetSimple. If you have it off, you will need to type the HTML into your content area yourself.
CKEditor is the successor of FCKEditor, but with new syntax. All information on CKEditor ist online at http://docs.cksource.com/
In this chapter, you find the following information about the editor:
In your GetSimple-installation, CKEditor is located in the directory root of your GetSimple installation/admin/template/js/ckeditor\
There you will find the file “readme-getsimple.txt” which contains information about the integration into GetSimple.
CKEditor 3.5.2 for GetSimple CMS (v1.1, 2011-03-06)
This is a special stripped down version of CKEditor, configured to work with GetSimple.
Differences from original version:
* added improved getsimple skin, based on default getsimple skin
* removed samples, sources, skins, all languages except from English, connectors and other files not crucial for CKEditor functioning
* hide element path, resizer and toolbar collapser using config.js instead of CSS display:none Issues:
* toolbar collapser doesn't work
* some toolbar icons in icons.png has very low opacity (it is in image, not CSS problem)
* dialog close button should be replaced with image more suitable to GetSimple style
Removing all languages except English from CKEditor saves a lot of space. I'd suggest to notify translators to add CKEditor translations to GetSimple translation packs.