GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: My SMTP Contact
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This plugin will help you to set up a contact form with captcha and checkbox. Plugin can be used SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) to send mail.

Description & Download:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/my-...tact/1221/

Demo:
http://demo23.p9021271.beget.tech/my-smtp-contact

If you want the plugin to be in your own language, you can translate it (plugins/my-smtp-contact/lang/en.php) and send it to me.
Settings are saved to the plugin directory. Make sure that the necessary rights are permitted.
Question:

Denis,

I have used your plugin for a while and I appreciate it a lot. Thank you for making it.

I was trying to add a new language file and had some issues where the whole site stopped responding once I chose that language in the plugin options. When I remove the plugin, the site is fine. I can't figure out how to change the language back or debug the issue. Please advise.

I would also like to see compatibility with i18n plugin - something as simple as loading the corresponding language file in MSC would be enough.

Thanks!

Answer:

Make your translation and upload the "xx.php" (for example) file to the directory - /my-smtp-contact/lang/ - then select your language file in the plugin settings. You can make a translation by analogy (en.php | ru.php)
The translation file is a PHP file. And if you break the language syntax, then the plugin will not work.

To return the default language, open the file - /my-smtp-contact/cfg.php
and change line 37 - $m_smtp_c_language="en";

This plugin does not use i18n plugin for translate. It is not necessary.
what do I have to or how do I have to enter the server for it to work. smtp.domain.com with STARTTLS

starttls: //smtp.domain.com ??? How do you enter that?
(2020-04-03, 08:44:33)bafrali55 Wrote: [ -> ]what do I have to or how do I have to enter the server for it to work. smtp.domain.com with STARTTLS

starttls: //smtp.domain.com ??? How do you enter that?

I have not tested plugin with STARTTLS. SSL only.

I think that will not work.
Version 1.0.7:
- on/off Default CSS customization
- on/off Customizing the Alert() function
- substituting the senders email in the "From" field (not all hosts and email services support this; when using alternative fields, the last field with the "email" type is substituted)
Version 1.0.8:
- the ability to insert contact form on the page using the shortcode:
Code:
[#GetMSC#]

- the old output method has changed:
Code:
<?php if (function_exists('GetMSC')) { print GetMSC(); } ?>
Hi,

Thanks for updating the My SMTP Contact plugin with a page shortcode
Is it still possible to call My SMTP Contact from a template file ?
(2020-05-20, 16:58:41)Felix Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for updating the My SMTP Contact plugin with a page shortcode
Is it still possible to call My SMTP Contact from a template file ?

Hi, yes it's still possible:
PHP Code:
<?php if (function_exists('GetMSC')) { print GetMSC(); } ?>

Only now with the "print" command. Same as in the code above.

Description:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/my-...tact/1221/
Version 1.0.9:

-fixed a problem with the plugin working in the main domain subdirectory (site.com/subdomain/GetSimple files).

Make sure everything is correct here: Settings => Website URL
Something like this: http://site.com/subdomain/
In site.com/subdomain/ must be GetSimple files
Version 1.1.0:

- ability to create multiple contact forms.
Denis, you did pieces of excellent work! This plugin is great and I believe it will be one of the favorites of many developers.
Hi Denis,

I must say this contact form is coded in a professional way.
Thanks for making this great plugin, really recommended.
F.
Version 1.1.1:
DELETED: on/off Customizing the Alert() function (this was done because now a different method is used to display notifications).

ADDED: 
- ability to select notifications: in the modal window or in the page

- fixed bugs that did not allow placing multiple forms with alternative fields on one page
- some CSS and JS changes.
Hi,

Thanks for maintaining this real great plugin.
Can you show me where to customize it so I can have:
name - email - telephone - etc. on the left side
instead of the default on top of the form fields ?
Probably a css thing but haven't figured out where.
Thanks.
(2020-11-29, 01:23:46)Felix Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for maintaining this real great plugin.
Can you show me where to customize it so I can have:
name - email - telephone - etc. on the left side
instead of the default on top of the form fields ?
Probably a css thing but haven't figured out where.
Thanks.

Hi,

1. You can ON alternative fields and create the desired form (do not use <br> so that there is no transition to another line);

2. If you want to use the standard form, you need to change the code in the my-smtp-contact.php file. After line 460 remove <br> in the required fields.
Quote:1. You can ON alternative fields and create the desired form (do not use <br> so that there is no transition to another line);

2. If you want to use the standard form, you need to change the code in the my-smtp-contact.php file. After line 460 remove <br> in the required fields.

Hi,
removing the <br> works perfectly,
thanks for the info.
Version 1.1.2:
- plugin now uses standard GetSimple CSRF protection for admin panel (thanks to Boku for his advice).
I have a question about the plugin - is it possible to add a field with the option to send a copy of the message to me? if so how to do it?
I mean an additional checkbox with the option of sending a copy to the form sender from the address: email field.
(2021-05-19, 06:34:59)vixrealitum Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question about the plugin - is it possible to add a field with the option to send a copy of the message to me? if so how to do it?
I mean an additional checkbox with the option of sending a copy to the form sender from the address: email field.

Not. To add this setting, you need to refine the plugin code. Both backend and frontend.
When using a standard form, this is simpler because the field with "e-mail" is known, which is not known when using alternative fields.
So far, I do not plan to add such a setting to the plugin.
Denis, I have one more question for you ... is it possible to make such a form divided into sections with your plugin? Please see the link. I tried to draw it.

link -> https://own.net.pl/form/form-adv.jpg
(2021-08-26, 07:04:22)vixrealitum Wrote: [ -> ]Denis, I have one more question for you ... is it possible to make such a form divided into sections with your plugin? Please see the link. I tried to draw it.

link -> https://own.net.pl/form/form-adv.jpg

You can try using alternative fields for this. By wrapping each section in a container and adding the desired class to this container. To do this, you need to know a little HTML and CSS.

The basic styles are located in the style.css file
Thank you very much for your help. I think I can handle it. Wink
How do I get rid of the "I agree to processing of personal data" and the check box?

Thanks
(2021-09-03, 23:42:52)johneh Wrote: [ -> ]How do I get rid of the "I agree to processing of personal data" and the check box?

Thanks

See the settings of the plugin in the admin panel.
Added Polish translation for plugin.
Thanks to vixrealitum for this translation.
Pages: 1 2