GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Image gallery
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good evening at all,
i've installed getsimple and some plugins but i'm finding some problems..
for example in the page manager i've the section called image gallery ( the last label at the right of all sections ) but when i click on it it appear at this address :

http://www.*****.***/admin/loadtab.php?id=squareit-gallery&item=squareit-gallery

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:

* Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
* If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Someone can help me ?

Bye
this: Internet Information Services (IIS)
Have you read basic requirements for GS before you had installed it ?
There's a way to make GS working on IIS webserver, but you have to get rid of mod_rewrite rules, or replace them with IIS one.
Search across this forums, as someone did take his time to achieve this, and share the solution Wink
dangerin Wrote:Good evening at all,
i've installed getsimple and some plugins but i'm finding some problems..
for example in the page manager i've the section called image gallery ( the last label at the right of all sections ) but when i click on it it appear at this address :

http://www.*****.***/admin/loadtab.php?id=squareit-gallery&item=squareit-gallery

The page cannot be found

Bye

dangerin,

Hello first of all... for the future please try to post issues related to plugins in their respective thread to keep things a little more organized.

The issue that you are having is because the loadtab.php file was not copied successfully to the admin folder. GSgallery uses another plugin I created called squareit-loadtab that pretty much hacks GS to allow easy integration of my plugin into a tab.

TO FIX:
Just go to the squareit-loadtab folder in the plugins folder, and copy the loadtab.php file into the admin folder of GS.

Thanks and I hope this fixes your issue.
You are A god yojoe.
your suggest work perfectly and now i go to try to use this plug in.
very very thank
i've never read a post more clear and simple .
THANKS

now i must write that the post has solved in some place ?

bye
i've created a new gallery and i've uploaded an image on it but it appear this error :

Warning: require_once(../../../gsconfig.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Inetpub\webs\*******\plugins\squareit-gallery\process\processgallery.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../../../gsconfig.php' (include_path='.;c:\php\includes') in D:\Inetpub\webs\******\plugins\squareit-gallery\process\processgallery.php on line 2

what can be ?
This is a matter of IIS webserver.
Did you place GS in wwwroot folder, or nested it in a directory ?
The second way won't work until you turn off some sort of option.
Try this, as I found that hint somewhere looooong time ago:
Quote:Right click the application in IIS Manager (start>run>inetmgr) -> Configuration (towards the bottom) on the general tab ->Options tab -> disable "Enable Parent paths" option.

Otherwise put your GS instance in wwwroot folder.
Good mornng yojoe,
The gs cms is palced on the wwroot of webserver but i do not found the IIS webserver everywhere.
i work on a client with linux ubuntu netbook maverick 10.10 and the web server is aruba on windows.
may be this can create problems ..
how do you can to be so good.. how many time do you use this cms .. very thank you for your help and suggests
Well, I can't help you currently with solving this matter, as I don't have access to IIS.
If you use a paid webhosting account, contact with support.

I use locally a LAMP server, and a linux based hosting, so I rarely encountered problems which I wasn't able to solve by myself.

Eventually turn on debug mode in gsconfig, and look for log file to see what's the exact problem.
thanks , i try to find how to turn off this debug mode but after i must exactly now where to find the logs and how to interprete them.
Bye
I've found where to read the log after having activated the debug on gsconfig ( it called temp_gsconfig.php but now i've renamed.. i hope to do not have some mistake ).

the report of error.log is :
[19-Mar-2011 12:14:16] PHP Warning: unlink(D:/Inetpub/webs/*****/admin/install.php) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: Permission denied in D:\Inetpub\webs\******\admin\inc\common.php on line 142
[19-Mar-2011 12:14:16] PHP Warning: unlink(D:/Inetpub/webs/*******/admin/setup.php) [<a href='function.unlink'>function.unlink</a>]: Permission denied in D:\Inetpub\webs\*******\admin\inc\common.php on line 147
[19-Mar-2011 12:14:16] PHP Notice: Undefined index: DOCUMENT_ROOT in D:\Inetpub\webs\*******\theme\pixelstudio\template.php on line 16
[19-Mar-2011 12:14:16] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in D:\Inetpub\webs\******\theme\pixelstudio\template.php on line 20

i do not found something about my problem but i've found others.. ufff

Thank
hmm... is the gsgallery the only plugin causing problems ?
Did you try its latest release ?
Try also latest GS 3 beta version.
So you suggest to install the beta version ? but how can i install it ? i know that if i install or upgrade i can have some problems with my actual instalation or my themes etc etc ..
the upgrade need only the update by ftp of new files or i need some particular operations ?
Thanks
Firstly try under a test installation. Do not upgrade your existing website until you won't find out how the beta version works.

Regardless of wiki help, just create a new directory (the best solution would be a subdomain) and upload there all GS.beta files.
If you aren't familiar with sftp nor ssh firstly download below directories from your current GS instance, and upload to beta instance through ftp
/plugins
/data/ without /other directory
/theme/your_theme

It should be enough to test if beta version is working fine on your IIS webserver.
thank you,
i've reinstalled all from the begin and it appear that some problems have solved but now i see an other problem in the theme that i use,
now i go to write a post for that .
thanks for suggest to upgrade
bye