GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: problem with editing or adding components
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I just start using GS so I have some problems Smile I can't edit or add new component.. When I try to do it I get error message

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /GS/admin/components.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request. "

Any suggestions?

thank you
sorry that there was no answer to your problem until now

please tell us whether the problem still exists.

My suggestion: Delete the installation and re-install new (takes only 5 minutes)
check the server check in the install-process, whether all necessary permissions are granted
if the problem persists after installation, please tell us the result of the server health check (Support => First steps => Health Check)
Thank you for your answer. The problem is still there... I have almost finished the website and if I now do new installation I will need to do it all again? I have lots of galleries and plugins installed. I made Health Check and everything is OK. Is there anything else?
abeja Wrote:Thank you for your answer. The problem is still there... I have almost finished the website and if I now do new installation I will need to do it all again? I have lots of galleries and plugins installed. I made Health Check and everything is OK. Is there anything else?

it is always good to read the wiki.

See here: http://get-simple.info/wiki/installation:migrating

you see the folders which you have to save before you re-install and if you follow the process there, you will not loose any data or work
Ok... I will do that. Thank you a lot!
I did it all... and everything is OK but I still have the same problem with components... I can't edit or add new one. Like I described before. What can I do now?
the components and the logs are stored in the folder "data/other"

does this folder exist?
what are the permsissions for this folder?

you can ask your hoster's support to help you out, they know their servers ;=)