GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GetSimple in an old internet explorer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys.
Im having a huge problem using the wonderfull getsimple CMS at my work.

I am using a HP thin client t5530 as an web appliance, to show my site as an "infoboard" with news 24/7.
The problem is that this thin client only supports Internet Explorer 6.0, and it seems that getsimple, and this old version doesnt work well together (**check picture attachment**) ..

Is there any way to make it work with old webbrowser ? it is very important for me to get this working Smile

Any ideas ?
Regards Kasper
darfz Wrote:Hello guys.
Im having a huge problem using the wonderfull getsimple CMS at my work.

I am using a HP thin client t5530 as an web appliance, to show my site as an "infoboard" with news 24/7.
The problem is that this thin client only supports Internet Explorer 6.0, and it seems that getsimple, and this old version doesnt work well together (**check picture attachment**) ..

Your picture shows the frontend. Just try another template or create a new one that supports IE6.
But the backend probably doesn't work either in this 10 year old browser, or does it?
Strangely enough the backend works without problems.

How can you make the frontend work with IE6 ? Smile
Kasper,

this is a question of the template and the CSS which is used there and not of GetSimple itself

I also can suggest to test one template after the other.

This old outdated IE pested us so long, and nwo a template for that brower is needed ;=(

Use the one which you have activated and take out all the CSS, using plain HTML

Cheers, Connie
Thanks for the reply Connie, i will try that Smile
darfz Wrote:Thanks for the reply Connie, i will try that Smile

you can try with a table-based-layout, all the "do-nots" are allowed if you have to style retro ;=)