Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple in an old internet explorer
Hello guys.
Im having a huge problem using the wonderfull getsimple CMS at my work.

I am using a HP thin client t5530 as an web appliance, to show my site as an "infoboard" with news 24/7.
The problem is that this thin client only supports Internet Explorer 6.0, and it seems that getsimple, and this old version doesnt work well together (**check picture attachment**) ..

Is there any way to make it work with old webbrowser ? it is very important for me to get this working Smile

Any ideas ?
Regards Kasper
darfz Wrote:Hello guys.
Im having a huge problem using the wonderfull getsimple CMS at my work.

I am using a HP thin client t5530 as an web appliance, to show my site as an "infoboard" with news 24/7.
The problem is that this thin client only supports Internet Explorer 6.0, and it seems that getsimple, and this old version doesnt work well together (**check picture attachment**) ..

Your picture shows the frontend. Just try another template or create a new one that supports IE6.
But the backend probably doesn't work either in this 10 year old browser, or does it?
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Strangely enough the backend works without problems.

How can you make the frontend work with IE6 ? Smile
Kasper,

this is a question of the template and the CSS which is used there and not of GetSimple itself

I also can suggest to test one template after the other.

This old outdated IE pested us so long, and nwo a template for that brower is needed ;=(

Use the one which you have activated and take out all the CSS, using plain HTML

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thanks for the reply Connie, i will try that Smile
darfz Wrote:Thanks for the reply Connie, i will try that Smile

you can try with a table-based-layout, all the "do-nots" are allowed if you have to style retro ;=)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18