GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: GetSimple/Plugins in general
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently found GetSimple, and the CMS itself is great... unbelievably simple... but I have to say, SEVERAL plugins are turning me off of GetSimple. So many plugins are broken and have been dropped by the dev long ago... why aren't they being taken out of the Extend? My most recent attempt was in searching for "Blog", the one at the top of the list is broken, and has been since 2013.
It's a PITA to have to look up every plugin in the forum to see if it actually works.

Just my 2 cents... otherwise, I do love GS.
Well you could always go by the version info for the plugin. If its for an old version its less likely to work we dont remove plugons
Besides any problems can usually be foxed by members in there support thread
There are some recomended plugins posted in the plugin guide in the wiki:
http://get-simple.info/wiki/plugins:guide
(2015-12-04, 09:16:03)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Well you could always go by the version info for the plugin. If its for an old version its less likely to work we dont remove plugons

That's not true as the GS version select for plugins in Extend is broken. Last time I uploaded a new plugin version, it allowed max. GS 3.3...
I'm also a big supporter of refactoring the Extend repo. The search for one, and some kind of alert-box in the search results if the plugin hasn't been updated in like... 2 or 3 years maybe. Or rather some kind of flag for the state of the plugin which plugin authors could set: eg. beta/test; prod/stable; abandoned/outdated.
Because we decided to only use minor revisions not hotfixes and i stopped adding features to hotfixes. So no its not broke
(2015-12-08, 22:48:35)shawn_a Wrote: [ -> ]Because we decided to only use minor revisions not hotfixes and i stopped adding features to hotfixes. So no its not broke

Ah ok I get it now.  
Yeah those should have never existed, but stupid me started adding hooks and not bumping versions properly.
So we had to add those so you could target those new features.

I wont do it again.

3.3.3+ should remain functionally exact. ( some things could have broken due to security fixes, but not when avoidable )
until 3.4
(2015-12-08, 10:30:11)Tyblitz Wrote: [ -> ]I'm also a big supporter of refactoring the Extend repo. The search for one, and some kind of alert-box in the search results if the plugin hasn't been updated in like... 2 or 3 years maybe. Or rather some kind of flag for the state of the plugin which plugin authors could set: eg. beta/test; prod/stable; abandoned/outdated.

Extend is really a big mess of plugins, themes and translations thrown together (at least if you use the search function). The fact that the plugins made for different versions of GS are in there all together with the new ones and no way to filter them out make it worse.
For experienced users probably not a huge problem, but extend is definitely beginner unfriendly.

I find it strange that it's not possible to search inside the main categories, that seems to me the biggest flaw.

What I find particly weird is that if I do a search (using resp as example searchterm) using the (top) searchbar on the extend page I get an url which looks like this:

Code:
http://get-simple.info/extend/search.php?q=resp&search=Search&category=all

It doesn't matter if I change the category=all to category=theme for example or even removing everything after resp, this doesn't seem to do anything. Like there's something missing..