GetSimple Support Forum
Custom Fields (and I18N) - Printable Version

+- GetSimple Support Forum (http://get-simple.info/forums)
+-- Forum: GetSimple (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Plugins (http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Custom Fields (and I18N) (/showthread.php?tid=1404)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Custom Fields (and I18N) - ronatgetsimple - 2011-07-17

Connie Wrote:debug-mode adds error messages at the top of the page which help to identify the problems

did you see the screenshot above from the deug mode?

it doesnt show a error for the custom field plugin. or i am wrong?

Custom Fields (and I18N) - Connie - 2011-07-17

I saw the screenshot and it does not show something for your problem indeed
I just wanted to explain the purpose of the debug mode

Custom Fields (and I18N) - yojoe - 2011-07-24

Is there a way to use customfields (along with dynpages plugin) to load content of other pages ?
Let's assume there are 3 pages which contain different content.
When I create or edit a page, I'd like to embed content of one (or more) pages by choosing it from dropdown list or by marking a checkbox.

I'm using currently dynpages, but it would be nice to have a bit more automated solution to place content from other pages using customfields, which would be more pleasant to use instead of components.
It would need some changes in CF plugin of course, but maybe there's an other solution than CF+dynpages ?

Custom Fields (and I18N) - polyfragmented - 2011-07-27

I'm testing the 3.1 beta right now, haven't touched any .htaccess. I'm having problems accessing the page browser from within a custom field "link" (plugin version is 1.7). A window opens, but I'm getting a 403 error in there. I know it's a beta, any idea though?

Can't replicate this on my 3.0 test install, works there as expected

Custom Fields (and I18N) - mvlcek - 2011-08-07

ronatgetsimple Wrote:i can configure the plugin - all ok
the custom fields show in page options

but when values are added and page is saved - nothing is in the field anymore.

Are you using any other plugins? Which? Maybe there is a conflict.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - mvlcek - 2011-09-03

I18N Custom Fields version 1.8:
  • allows to search for text in custom fields (with I18N Search 2.0+) - just check the checkbox in the custom fields configuration to add a field's content to the search index
  • added french language (unknown author)

Custom Fields (and I18N) - filupn - 2011-10-12

Thanks for this great plugin! Could you add a textarea as an input type? I'm using the "Long Text" field type now, but I'd like to be able to enter text on multiple lines. I can't use the WYSIWYG type because the editor adds HTML that I don't want.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - mvlcek - 2011-10-12

filupn Wrote:Thanks for this great plugin! Could you add a textarea as an input type? I'm using the "Long Text" field type now, but I'd like to be able to enter text on multiple lines. I can't use the WYSIWYG type because the editor adds HTML that I don't want.

I'll add it to the TODOs for the next version.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - filupn - 2011-10-12

mvlcek Wrote:
filupn Wrote:Thanks for this great plugin! Could you add a textarea as an input type? I'm using the "Long Text" field type now, but I'd like to be able to enter text on multiple lines. I can't use the WYSIWYG type because the editor adds HTML that I don't want.

Great, thanks!

Custom Fields (and I18N) - peter - 2011-10-18

Got a Problem with Custom Fields on Get_simple 3.0.

The Field "Image" creates an Server Error when i try to select an image:

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [no address given] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

There is no information in the Server error Log

Does anybody know how to get it to work?

Custom Fields (and I18N) - Connie - 2011-10-18

peter Wrote:Please contact the server administrator, [no address given]

Peter, maybe you ask your hoster's support?

Custom Fields (and I18N) - peter - 2011-10-24

Ok thanks, i asked my hoster and he told to change all the rights of the folders to chmod 755 and all the files to chmod 644. somhow this was mixed up. So i worked.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - arde - 2011-11-03

How can i specify template for my custom fields? At the moment for example my custom contact fields phone, email, adress show up on every page in the page management.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - mvlcek - 2011-11-03

arde Wrote:How can i specify template for my custom fields? At the moment for example my custom contact fields phone, email, adress show up on every page in the page management.

That's how it is. You cannot show a custom field on specific pages only.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - arde - 2011-11-03

mvlcek Wrote:
arde Wrote:How can i specify template for my custom fields? At the moment for example my custom contact fields phone, email, adress show up on every page in the page management.

Ok. Now it is bit too complicated when site updater sees maybe even dozens of different custom boxes on every page that does not necessarily even affect that page, simple becomes a rather complicated. I think that this is one of the most important plugin for this CMS, so it would be great to see further development of this.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - graphiclunch - 2011-11-12

Would really like a tutorial for stupid people like me. Smile Can't figure out this plugin...

Custom Fields (and I18N) - tomkop - 2011-11-14

Can I add one custom field to all pages ?

Custom Fields (and I18N) - patriotmedia - 2011-11-15

arde Wrote:
mvlcek Wrote:

Ok. Now it is bit too complicated when site updater sees maybe even dozens of different custom boxes on every page that does not necessarily even affect that page, simple becomes a rather complicated. I think that this is one of the most important plugin for this CMS, so it would be great to see further development of this.

I second this. Would deffinately donate to your plugin development fund to make this happen sooner rather than later...

Custom Fields (and I18N) - macu - 2011-12-29

Hi... I've looked for solution, but didn;t find...

I have plugins: PageXML and i18n custom field. And when I get standard fields for ex. title i want get my custom field to: "category":

if($strona=="portfolio") {
$childlist = getChildren(return_page_slug());

$subpagelist = array();
foreach($childlist as $child) {
if (returnPageField($child, 'private') != 'Y')
$subpagelist[] = array($child, returnPageField($child,'title'), returnPageField($child,'menuOrder'), returnPageField($child,'category'));
}

/* sort children my menuorder subval_sort is built in to GS2.1+ */
$subpagelist = subval_sort($subpagelist ,2);

foreach($subpagelist as $subpage) {
$thumb = '/data/uploads/' . $subpage[0] . '_thumb.jpg';
$link = $subpage[0] . '/';
$title = $subpage[1];
$cat = $subpage[3];
echo 'check: '.$cat.' '.$title.' / ';
}
}?>

I tried to return_custom_field('') but didn't work... anybody has some advice for me?

Custom Fields (and I18N) - Carlos - 2011-12-30

@macu

Try this (not tested):

Edit the PagesXML/PageCaching plugin (v2.3) pages.php file, line 304:
Code:
if (isset($plugin_info['customfields'])){

and change it to this:
Code:
if (isset($plugin_info['i18n_customfields'])){

(Note that when GS 3.1 is available, the Pages plugin will not be needed.)

Custom Fields (and I18N) - leenm - 2012-02-04

@mvlcek: small feature request:

change edit.php, line 102
Code:
echo '<tr><td><h2>Custom Fields</h2>...
to
Code:
echo '<tr><td><h2>'.i18n_r('i18n_customfields/CUSTOMFIELDS_TITLE').'</h2>...

It's the title of the custom fields section in page options. I'd like it translated too.

Custom Fields (and I18N) - Carlos - 2012-02-06

Spanish language for I18N Custom Fields available in Extend

Custom Fields (and I18N) - mvlcek - 2012-02-19

I18N Custom Fields version 1.8.1:
  • some cosmetic changes displaying the fields
  • spanish language (thanks @Carlos)

Custom Fields (and I18N) - fboender - 2012-02-22

Just a quick heads-up. If you're running suPHP, this plugin will give "HTTP Error 500: Internal Server error" on some pages (notably, the 'browse' button for custom fields of the "Link" type). You may see something like this in your error log:

Code:
SoftException in Application.cpp:249: File "--snip--/plugins/i18n_customfields/browser/pagebrowser.php" is writeable by group
This is caused by the file permissions in the .zip file, which unpack all files and directories writable by the group and world (permissions 777 for directories, 666 for files). To fix this on unix machines, run the following commands from the root of your GS installation:

Code:
# find ./plugins/i18n_customfields -type d -exec chmod 755 '{}' \;

and

Code:
# find ./plugins/i18n_customfields -type f -exec chmod 644 '{}' \;

Custom Fields (and I18N) - ChriS - 2012-02-24

mvlcek Wrote:

I have the same problem with WYSIWYG (CKEditor 3.6.2 in GS 3.1) changing some code lines I like to edit in the backend. Would also like to see a "Text Area" field type in Custom Fields (1.8.1 in use). Thx.