Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
keyboarder
I found this and thought that it maybe useful keyboarder, but can I hell get it to work.

I've put the .js and .css files in the innovation theme folder and referenced the in the header.php, i've even using script injector, but to no avail Sad

can anyone lead me in the right direction

Thanks in advance

RichE
SelloString Network - Holding the world together since 1972!
please tell us more, what this is for and why you want to use it

i don't get the idea ;=(
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
if say your have a document with keyboard shortcuts on (for reference) it will render the shortcuts e.g. alt+enter as key classes, see the link for a proper example.
good find - useful for accessibility pages and showing things like access keys Wink
webmonkeyukcom Wrote:good find - useful for accessibility pages and showing things like access keys Wink

did you get it to work?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I haven't yet but I'm thinking of just creating an HTM or HTML page and link to that, sort of defeats the object of just linking to the .css and .js, will post back if I get it working.

P.S, I've reworked the innovation theme (just changed the colors and added a forum page for punbb) on my site, could you give feedback on it .

thanks in advance Big Grin
ok I got it working to a fashion, here's the step to get it to work
  • I used the original HTML file just edited to my own needs
  • uploaded it all via FTP to the uploads dir in data
  • then created a component with the following content (see code entry below)
  • then referenced that component on a page.

I know it's abit convoluted but I got it working in the end

Code:
<Iframe src="data/uploads/keyboarder/keyboarder.html" width="100%" height="580px" scrolling="auto" frameborder='0'>&nbsp;</Iframe>

to see it in action go here

regards

RichE
riche Wrote:to see it in action go here

For me this works in Opera, Safari and Chrome, but not with IE 9 and Firefox 3.6.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
I'm presuming that it's to do with the .JS file as in chrome you can see it render the keys as it loads, maybe it's not compatible with IE, and FF 3.6.

TBH I've used chrome for ages now, but I should have checked it in IE.

but I've put a disclaimer onto the page as I didn't write the .js.
well I've tried copying the CSS into the GS Style CSS file, and putting the res folder and .js file in the theme folder, @importing the css in the header, no matter what I do I can't get this to work directly in a GS page, the only way I've found so far is via an .HTM/HTML page in an iframe (ugh!)

anyone else got any ideas..?

RichE