GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Any Ideas for Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello people.What a plug-in is missing GetSimple? Any ideas? I want to try write plugin.
(2014-11-29, 23:21:34)Kapelius Wrote: [ -> ]Hello people.What a plug-in is missing GetSimple? Any ideas? I want to try write plugin.

1. Pagedown based editor (or something similar which uses this form of editing)
  2. Fancybox (or similar tech) for more than images. There's already a Fancybox plugin, but it can only be used for images.
  3. forms plugin
  4. Event registration (with or without calendar)
Plus one on the events registration. I could really use that.
Here is a really simple thing I think would be useful. A plugin to change the robots text in the <head> through the settings page. So a website still under development doesn't get crawled.
(2014-12-02, 09:21:36)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]Here is a really simple thing I think would be useful. A plugin to change the robots text in the <head> through the settings page. So a website still under development doesn't get crawled.
How is a robots text in <head> more usefull than a ropbots.txt file? Sorry, I never heard about the Robots <META> tag before.
(2014-12-02, 20:10:39)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]How is a robots text in <head> more usefull than a ropbots.txt file? Sorry, I never heard about the Robots <META> tag before.

I don't know. I guess it applies only to that page. I didn't learn this stuff in college.
(2014-12-01, 23:02:34)lukerjbgv Wrote: [ -> ]Plus one on the events registration. I could really use that.

Yes, a way of displaying a list of up coming events as blocks of content with images, heading, text, date - is that what you mean?

Could also or alternatively be a 'meet the team' plugin displaying a list of people with mugshot and biog text

Or a list of anything for that matter. I am building a site now where I need a list of businesses displayed in categories, each with a bit of blurb. Not hundreds but quite a few dozen. Not sure how to do that in GS.
(2014-12-02, 20:41:40)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, a way of displaying a list of up coming events as blocks of content with images, heading, text, date - is that what you mean?

Could also or alternatively be a 'meet the team' plugin displaying a list of people with mugshot and biog text

Or a list of anything for that matter.

I meant something with event registration. So people can register to an event and this data is listed in the admin.

I think what you describe can probably already be done with existing plugins (item manager?).
(2014-12-02, 21:22:23)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]I think what you describe can probably already be done with existing plugins (item manager?).

I had forgotten that plugin has been updated too. I will try it out, thanks.

I remember now. Setting up that plugin is not at all simple. It is beyond me.
It possibly already exists for GetSimple but something like Velvet Blues Update URLs would be handy. It's a WordPress plugin that updates the hostname for absolute URLs throughout your website, handy when you go from a development hostname to the production hostname. Currently to do this, it's recommended in the wiki to download all your data XML files and do a find and replace then reupload them which isn't ideal.
(2014-12-02, 22:11:44)Timbow Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-02, 21:22:23)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]I think what you describe can probably already be done with existing plugins (item manager?).

I had forgotten that plugin has been updated too. I will try it out, thanks.

I remember now. Setting up that plugin is not at all simple. It is beyond me.

Yes, you're right. GetSimple has an easy interface, which stays easy with some plugins. Some other plugins are unfortunately a bit complicated to figure out (i18n special pages, Item Manager, etc.)
(2014-12-03, 07:20:44)sal Wrote: [ -> ]It possibly already exists for GetSimple but something like Velvet Blues Update URLs would be handy. It's a WordPress plugin that updates the hostname for absolute URLs throughout your website, handy when you go from a development hostname to the production hostname. Currently to do this, it's recommended in the wiki to download all your data XML files and do a find and replace then reupload them which isn't ideal.
Is this in line of what you mean:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5082
and maybe this plugin? http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ts-...lacer/799/
(2014-12-03, 08:11:18)datiswous Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-12-03, 07:20:44)sal Wrote: [ -> ]It possibly already exists for GetSimple but something like Velvet Blues Update URLs would be handy. It's a WordPress plugin that updates the hostname for absolute URLs throughout your website, handy when you go from a development hostname to the production hostname. Currently to do this, it's recommended in the wiki to download all your data XML files and do a find and replace then reupload them which isn't ideal.
Is this in line of what you mean:
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5082
and maybe this plugin? http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ts-...lacer/799/

(2014-12-03, 08:20:02)Carlos Wrote: [ -> ]or this
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=5061

Wow, so I should have known this was already done, hah.
3.4 will support relative urls across the entire thing, it is still untested but feel free to play with the master branch in github if you are so inclined.
I read all yours posts. Thank you for your participation.
Many plug-ins of the proposed already exist.
I liked the idea of the events, but what data should be entered by the user for registration events (email,name,last name, etc...)???
And should look like this plugin? Admin created events and user registered in it or...?
Sorry for my English, I'm just learning.
(2014-12-04, 08:05:55)Kapelius Wrote: [ -> ]I liked the idea of the events, but what data should be entered by the user for registration events (email,name,last name, etc...)???
And should look like this plugin? Admin created events and user registered in it or...?
Sorry for my English, I'm just learning.

I think it is best if site-admin (creator of event) can specify these, but you can make a bunch of defaults, like name, address, e-mail, custom message, etc. These can be stored in profiles.
2 possible ways: users can register to site, after that be able to register to events, or anonymous users can register (better include some captcha or other protection). Btw. DM Matrix plugin could be useful for this: https://github.com/n00dles/DM_Matrix
Registration on site not a variant. GetSimple is not multi user CMS (by default). All Anonymous, only site customers may register on event. I understand your idea. Thanks.
(2014-12-05, 23:32:25)Kapelius Wrote: [ -> ]Registration on site not a variant. GetSimple is not multi user CMS (by default). All Anonymous, only site customers may register on event. I understand your idea. Thanks.
GetSimple is multi-user by default (I think since 3.1). The multi-user plugin only makes it fancy and adds some features. Check here for info: http://get-simple.info/wiki/config:multi-user. Although I never tested multi-user ability.
Yes you can create your own user files how ever you want , but there is not security levels or permissions so it's kind of pointless by itself .
Toggle Status options:

[attachment=493]

A plugin which adds option to specify more status displays (for example: specific tags). Also Add option to keep status display active always.
Hi ! I need a plugin with a back office in admin that would allow anyone without html/css knowledge to setup pictures in pages pointing to a url (with effects, slider or something similar). Size of the image, effects, url, should be all configurable from the back office. I can do something close to that with nanoSLIDER4GS, but there's no back office fo it.
Rating plugin would be nice!
I think a formbuilder plugin is very necessary and gives GS more flexibility.
I hope see this in the near future.
Would be very useful.

Grtz,
Christophe