A simple and easy to use blog for GetSimple. With this plugin, you can create blog posts, sort posts by category, view posts in monthly archives, plus much more. This version is a fork of the original by @mikeh and is now being actively maintained and developed by me.
- Blog Categories
- Post Archives
- Recent Posts Lists
- Blog Post Tags
- Search Box
- RSS Auto-Importer
- Per-Category RSS Feeds
- External Comments Support
- Post Thumbnails
- Custom Fields
New project website for the plugin in the works.
Includes all documentation, changelog, licence, plus info on the team behind the plugin's development.
More information about this plugin, including what the future holds for it, the changelog from when I took over, plus all these instructions can be found on my website at: http://www.johnstray.id.au/get-simple/plugins/gs-blog/
What's new in Version 3.4.2
- [#095] A few minor imrovements to the RSS generator:
<description>now respects the excerpt length setting.
<content:encoded>tag to include the full text including html of the post.
<pubDate>tag to each post in the feed.
<generator>tag to the
- [#102] Minor enhancements to the Posts Management page:
- Search button is now hidden when there are no posts in the database.
- The search field is now shown by default when listing the results of a search. Allows use of the 'Cancel' button to clear a search.
- When showing the results of a search and no posts were found, a new message is now displayed instead of the default no posts message.
- Covnerted no posts message to use the
<h5>tag instead of
<strong>, added centre alignment and fixed missing closing tag.
<h4>used for notice on no search results.
- The page navigation container box is now hidden when there are no posts on the page.
- Category Admin Page: Removed the uncecessary 'Or Cancel' button in the 'Add Category' box
- Added unversal alignment layouts and properties for the search box on the posts admin page and the add category box on the category admin page.
- [#097] Fixed unprotected quotes in Russian language file.
- [#098] Fixed critical error where adding a node to the settings xml would fail because an array was given when a string was expected.
- [#100] Fixed "Search Engine Suicide" bug where the meta description of a multi-post page would contain the excerpt of the last post on the page.
- [#105] Corrected a spelling error in a variable name in
- [#106] Removed a runaway closing
</p>tag on the Post Editor page.
Core Code Changes:
- [#090] Implemented a function that will read, reorder, then write the
plugins.xmlfile so that the 'user-managment.php (MultiUser)' plugin will work as expected.
- [#109] Rewrote the class constructor function: Added check for missing or redundant settings in the settings file and update if required.
- [#099] Updates to the Russian language file thanks to f30d0r.
You can install this plugin to your GetSimple installation by following these simple instructions.
- Download ZIP file with plugin from the GetSimple Extend Repository here.
- Unzip it into the "plugins" folder of your GetSimple installation.
- Ensure your /Data and /Backups folder have write permissions.
- Log in to your GetSimple administration panel.
- Activate the plugin under the Plugins tab.
Once installed, click on the new "Blog" tab in the Admin panel then click on "Help" in the side menu. Instructions for usage of this plugin can be found there.
These are old versions of this file. Please use with caution as they are probably out of date and no longer supported. ShowHide