GSgallery (Simple Image Gallery)
GSgallery is a Simple Image Gallery plugin for GetSimple CMS.
- Create multiple galleries
- Multiple galleries in the same page
- Ability to put caption to images
- Plugins support. (Extends the basic functionality of GSgallery)
- Multi-Language support
Partial Change Log
- More compatability changes with GetSimple 3.0
- Rename of the GS admin folder is now supported
- Changed the path where the gallery xml files are stored.
- Improved health check, that lets user know when the directories do not have the correct permissions
- Compatability with new versions of GS 2.04 + 3.0beta
- If no caption is present in any of the images, then automatically remove caption placeholder
- Unzip and upload the content of the plugin file into the "plugins" directory inside of GetSimple.
- Once uploaded make sure that you have the correct permissions. I would set all the contents inside the plugin to 755 or higher.
- Copy the files in the squareit-gallery/data/ folder to a temp folder
- Copy the files in the root of the plugin directory (squareit-gallery) to a temp folder
- Install the new version, and make sure you copy the files from data back to the data folder.
- If you are upgrading from 2.5.2 and below to a newer version, then, you need to copy the gallery files found in the root of the plugin directory over to squareit-gallery/data/galleries
- Upload some images to GetSimple using the file uploader tab
- Then go to the Image Gallery Tab and create a new gallery.
- Select the images you want to display in the gallery and put the corresponding captions
- save the gallery and once in the list view, select the "CODE" and copy it.
- now go to the page you want to see the gallery and edit it (Pages Tab)
- paste the code you copied and save the page and you should be all set up.
- go the the front end and double check everything is working as expected
2.5 Beta Features (How To)
The new display function.
With the new version of GSgallery 2.5 you will be able to use this display function to include galleries within your template, component, or if you are using the exec_php plugin.
- $galleryid => The ID of the gallery (without the squareitgallery) so if the code is "squareitgallery4bdafa5d584f6" you only need "4bdafa5d584f6"
- $return => Boolean (true/false) - This if set true, insead of the function echoing the output, it will return the output.
These are old versions of this file. Please use with caution as they are probably out of date and no longer supported. ShowHide