Grill Theme and Template Site
Demo site: http://timbowgs.bplaced.net/grill/ The following plugins are included:
- I18N Base, Navigation and Search
- Fancy Box
- News Manager and NM Addons
- Simple Input Tabs and Small plugin Toolkit
- Auto-open Page Options
- theme Highlighter
The Theme was taken from templatemo at http://www.templatemo.com/preview/templatemo_417_grill and has been only slightly modified. Features as follows:
- Fully responsive with Bootstrap 3.1.1
- Fontawesome Icons
- Header image slider
- Text slider
- Drop-down main menu
- Three different ways of displaying News Posts
- Three styles of image gallery
- Editable taglines for each page
- Different editable sidebars for each page
- Twitter feed
- Site search function
- Easy to create and alter your own templates
- Easy to change the signature colour
This is not just a theme it is a complete sample site. Once you have the sample site installed you can delete parts you don't want and replace pages and content. The theme alone will not work without the right plugins. Install as follows on a web server or locally on wamp/lamp:
- Install a copy of Getsimple with your own username and password.
- Copy the contents of the zip archive over your site root so that each folder(data, plugins, and theme) merges and overwrites the existing folder.
- Login to the site admin pages or backend and Activate the theme 'Grill'.
You should then have a sample site with pages and subpages, components and plugins. You may wish to update the plugins if they aren't the latst versions. If you want to disable certain plugins you may need to edit the templates, for instance restore getnavigation(returnpage_slug()); if you disable I18N navigation.
See the forum thread for customisation.