GetSimple Support Forum

Full Version: Support for multilanguage sites, Internationalization (I18N)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43
Hi,
I have a strange Problem with "edit navigation structure" in one of my installs.
changes in the structure are not saved after drag-and-dropping the Items in the right order (or turning them on and off or whatever...).

I run GS 3.1.2 on ubuntu 10 LTS with paralells plesk.
installed i18n plugIns: special pages , custom fields, auto-open-page-options
other plugIns: link juice
all files in the data-folders are 777ed and belong to root (except i18n_menu_cache.xml which belongs to server after page update)

Does anybody have an idea whats up there?
ren! Wrote:I have a strange Problem with "edit navigation structure" in one of my installs.
changes in the structure are not saved after drag-and-dropping the Items in the right order (or turning them on and off or whatever...).

You have to click on the Save button.
mvlcek Wrote:You have to click on the Save button.

Well I did Sir!
after clicking the "save navigation structure" button the browser loads like the server does something.
But then the navigation structure is in the same state as before my changes.

In debug mode I got this information:
Warning: copy(/var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/admin/loadext.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/mydomain/httpdocs/plugins/i18n_common/common.php on line 62

So what I did then is to manually copy loadtext.php to the admin folder
the debugmode is fine with me now.

But either way it doesnt work.

----

The potential issues I can think of are
- user rights
- amount of pages (100+)
- parallels plesk does something unexpected

Or I messed up something different

you have an idea?
This works Big Grin. But the code to show only child pages if there is one, doesnt work for me, it gives a blank page. I mean this code here http://mvlcek.bplaced.net/multi-level-na...-children/
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing little problems with I18N plugin. I use IE9 and after installing plugin, my admin panel got messed up. What's interesting, I've checked DOM tree under Developer Tools, as well as under Firebug in FF and it's corrupted - almost whole head content appears in body (I didn't touch admin templates).

However, when I turn off "I18n Base" and "I18n Navigation", everything goes back to normal. I've checked once again with clean install of GetSimple, didn't help.

I assume that there must be some kind of misspelling in source code of plugins, which is cause of this mess. But I can't find it. Does anyone have any ideas?

[Image: admin.png]

[Image: devtools.png]
(sorry, no Firebug screenshot due to links number limit)
I've digged little further (I couldn't stand still) and I found the reason. Ridiculous one.

I've written polish translations for I18n plugin. I set UTF-8 encoding, but accidentally with BOM. And the BOM ocuured to be the culprit! (found that checking everything step by step again). Removing BOM in translations repaired everything. That was just crazy Wink
I18N version 3.0.3:
  • some minor adjustments to GS 3.1+ look & feel (thanks to @shawn_a)
  • should work with Adminbar plugin now

@shawn_a: JS to hide the pages side menu is still always active, as I couldn't figure out, how to determine in the PHP code if the pages tab is active
I18N version 3.0.4:
  • corrects an issue that calling pages with a custom field link did not alway redirect to the link. You should also download the newest I18N Custom Fields version 1.8.2.
ahhh yeah normally you could do a

Code:
if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'load.php' && !isset($_REQUEST['id']))

but i18n replaces this with
load.php?id=i18n_base
so youd have to change that to

Code:
if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'load.php' && $_REQUEST['id']=='i18n_base')

I think
shawn_a Wrote:ahhh yeah normally you could do a

Code:
if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'load.php' && !isset($_REQUEST['id']))

but i18n replaces this with
load.php?id=i18n_base
so youd have to change that to

Code:
if (basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == 'load.php' && $_REQUEST['id']=='i18n_base')

I think

The problem is that I would need to test for pages.php, edit.php, etc. and then for load.php, but not only for my plugins, but for all plugins on the pages sidebar - I didn't find a way to determine, if the current tab is "Pages".
While using i18n v3.0.2 with custom link structure %language%/%parent%/%slug% every time I try to insert a link I get a %language% inside the url, which isn't being parsed into language abbeviation.
One of example links from a demo page of mine theme looks like this:
Quote:<a href="http://getsimple.wujitsu.pl/bluebusiness/%language%/news/">news</a>
and I have to change %language% manually.

Is this caused by specific GS config (what additional info should I provide ?), or did somebody encounter similar behaviour ?
yojoe Wrote:While using i18n v3.0.2 with custom link structure %language%/%parent%/%slug% every time I try to insert a link I get a %language% inside the url, which isn't being parsed into language abbeviation.
One of example links from a demo page of mine theme looks like this:
Quote:<a href="http://getsimple.wujitsu.pl/bluebusiness/%language%/news/">news</a>
and I have to change %language% manually.

Is this caused by specific GS config (what additional info should I provide ?), or did somebody encounter similar behaviour ?

I suppose something needs to be changed for the CKEditor page selection. I'll add it to my to-do list...
A workaround for this %language% issue is simply removing the "Link to local page" selection (by patching the core):
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/21528/#p21528

(BTW this issue was discussed before, here in this thread: http://get-simple.info/forum/post/24543/#p24543 )
Quote:The problem is that I would need to test for pages.php, edit.php, etc. and then for load.php, but not only for my plugins, but for all plugins on the pages sidebar - I didn't find a way to determine, if the current tab is "Pages".

ohhh yeah didn't think of that.

Code:
function tab_is_pages(){
global $plugin_info,$plugin_id;
return (get_filename_id() == 'load' and $plugin_info[$plugin_id]['page_type'] == 'pages' ) or get_filename_id()=='edit';
}

That would probably do it.
Hello,
Many thanks for this and all your plugins...
I've trouble to obtain current language!
I build the home page from the template in a loop doing different hings and taking elements elsewhere, some are text, some images...
So in the HTML I've different PHP call. In the main one, I need to know the actual selected language to pick elements in the right pages.
I tried variable $language like that:
<?php
global $language;
$curL = $language;
?>

But $curL give me "Array" when I echo it!
any idea?
best
Hello and thanks for the great plugin.
I have a little problem with the sitemap. There is always the %nondefaultlanguage% tag written in the sitemap.xml. How do I remove this?

my custom link structure looks like this %nondefaultlanguage%/%slug%
Hello,

When I installed I18 and switch to language fr_FR :

Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\plugins\i18n_base\lang\fr_FR.php:1) in D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\admin\inc\cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\plugins\i18n_base\lang\fr_FR.php:1) in D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\admin\inc\cookie_functions.php on line 24

In en_US, it's OK.
I test with es_ES, it's OK
I test with nl_NL, it's OK

I don't see problem in fr_FR.php file.

Thanks
madvic Wrote:Hello,

When I installed I18 and switch to language fr_FR :

Code:
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\plugins\i18n_base\lang\fr_FR.php:1) in D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\admin\inc\cookie_functions.php on line 23

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\plugins\i18n_base\lang\fr_FR.php:1) in D:\ZMWS\_web.zmwsc\madvic\admin\inc\cookie_functions.php on line 24

In en_US, it's OK.
I test with es_ES, it's OK
I test with nl_NL, it's OK

I don't see problem in fr_FR.php file.

Thanks

I18N version 3.0.5:
  • removes the BOM-Header from the fr_FR.php file to avoid error messages, when switching to french.
pier Wrote:I've trouble to obtain current language!
I build the home page from the template in a loop doing different hings and taking elements elsewhere, some are text, some images...
So in the HTML I've different PHP call. In the main one, I need to know the actual selected language to pick elements in the right pages.
I tried variable $language like that:
<?php
global $language;
$curL = $language;
?>

But $curL give me "Array" when I echo it!

Your code should work. But maybe you or a plugin sets $language before?
Hi,
I have a problem with the i18n Plugin and don't find the solution. I have the default language(es) and another language(en). Working on my local server is all OK, but online when I switch to English(en) the first page is switched OK but when I go further on the navigation is switched to the default language(es).

On some browsers works fine(Safari) and others(Chrome, for example) does not work.

You can see it on http://pretandyou.com

I read this thread: http://get-simple.info/forum/topic/3973/...o-default/
but I'm using setlang correctly.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance!
You have an iframe with http://pretandyou.com/theme/pay/form.php?lang=en. Maybe it interfers with the language selection.
mvlcek Wrote:You have an iframe with http://pretandyou.com/theme/pay/form.php?lang=en. Maybe it interfers with the language selection.

Thanks for your fast reply!
I have removed the language(?lang) of the iFrame to see if it was what you suggest and I still have the same problem.
Could be something else?
Thanks in advance!
OK,
I just try with mvlcek “INCLUDE THE LANGUAGE IN THE URL” and now it works like a charm. Smile
can you do something like this
in line 272 in file frontend.class.php
Code:
$html .= '<li class="' . $classes . '"><a href="' . $href . '" >' . $title . ' <span><?php get_custom_field('myname'); ?></span></a>';
Oleg06 Wrote:can you do something like this
in line 272 in file frontend.class.php
Code:
$html .= '<li class="' . $classes . '"><a href="' . $href . '" >' . $title . ' <span><?php get_custom_field('myname'); ?></span></a>';

Just use custom rendering.
To get a custom field myname, use echo $item->myname or echo htmlspecialchars($item->myname).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43