Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add META for single pages
Either I am just not searching correctly or there is nothing on this site regarding it.

I am attempting to create a page that will begin downloading a file after a few seconds. I want to use the
Code:
<meta http-equiv="Refresh">
tag in the header to accomplish this, but am not quite understanding how to do this. This tag will need to be added to four separate pages and each page will point to a different file.

For background, this is a support site that offers remote support similar to team viewer or other such software packages. Since each tech has their own file, the end user clicking on the file for their assigned tech will be redirected to a page with instructions on what to do depending on the browser. Rather than adding more clicks to the entire thing, I would like the file to just begin downloading when that page loads. There of course will be a link added in case the browser or other software blocks the initial download, but having it start w/o user interaction would help the already novice PC users we support.

Thanks for any assistance.

Edit: To add to this, the four pages created are sub pages of the main page, and are not listed in the top level navigation (using the default theme). The links are setup in a sidebar with will redirect to the appropriate page once clicked on. Just in case the extra info is helpful.
This will have to be added into your template file and can be done in different ways. I’d suggest to either
  1. set-up a different template file for each page and choose these under page options; or
  2. use the CustomFields plugin to create an extra field under page options for you to put the URL of the files into. This will need some PHP in your template file to handle this input.
There are no easier ways to randomly add certain tags into the head of your theme.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:
  1. set-up a different template file for each page and choose these under page options;

Worked wonderfully, thank you.

Now, I guess there isn't an easy way to keep multiple template files similar in design when the main template changes is there?
GetSimple Wrote:Now, I guess there isn't an easy way to keep multiple template files similar in design when the main template changes is there?
No there isn’t. You could split off parts into separate PHP files and include() them in the others. But this is often done with splits like one header file and one footer file. Because your templates want to have different HEAD sections this would be useless.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:No there isn’t. You could split off parts into separate PHP files and include() them in the others. But this is often done with splits like one header file and one footer file. Because your templates want to have different HEAD sections this would be useless.

Figured as much. It's all good though, the separate templates is working for me. Thanks again for the quick reply.
Zegnåt: how about using your plugin named component_master ? Wink
http://get-simple.info/forum/viewtopic.php?id=214
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:Zegnåt: how about using your plugin named component_master? Wink
That would actually work great for having different HTML in the head based on what page you’re at without needing multiple templates. Why didn’t I think of that?
Zegnåt Wrote:
yojoe Wrote:Zegnåt: how about using your plugin named component_master? Wink
That would actually work great for having different HTML in the head based on what page you’re at without needing multiple templates. Why didn’t I think of that?

Actually already using this for the sidebars, was not sure if it would work the same. Will see if I can set this up. Thanks!

Edit: As expected, this is working wonderfully. That's four templates I get to remove and not have to worry about updating now. Loving this package!