Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PROBLEM Suddenly reduced size of pages
Hello everybody.

This is my first usage of this forum, so I try to do my very best.
Please keep in mind that I am just a user with no deeper knowledge of programming or web side administration.

The GetSimple version is 3.3.16.
The health check says all green, despite GSLOGINSALT and GSUSECUSTOMSALT which read ‘NO’.
The PHP version of the server seems to be 7.4.33 according to PHPinfo.

Everything worked flawlessly a few weeks /months ago. I could work on the content without any issues.
Now I cannot edit already created content beyond a certain size, which is a fraction of size it could have back then. I can use the editor and it tells that there are unsaved changes but nothing happens when I trigger the save button. It also seems that this limitation is purely to the number of characters used and not of its complexity.

Since I did not do any changes in the settings or so, I assume that something happened on the server side. But I can’t figure out what and need to fix that on my side. Unfortunately I don’t even know where to start.
Again, I am just a user and not coming from IT.

Help is much appreciated.
Please let me know, what you need to know in order to help me.

Regards
Gunnar
(2024-10-20, 23:07:37)Gunnar Wrote: Hello everybody.

This is my first usage of this forum, so I try to do my very best.
Please keep in mind that I am just a user with no deeper knowledge of programming or web side administration.

The GetSimple version is 3.3.16.
The health check says all green, despite GSLOGINSALT and GSUSECUSTOMSALT which read ‘NO’.
The PHP version of the server seems to be 7.4.33 according to PHPinfo.

Everything worked flawlessly a few weeks /months ago. I could work on the content without any issues.
Now I cannot edit already created content beyond a certain size, which is a fraction of size it could have back then. I can use the editor and it tells that there are unsaved changes but nothing happens when I trigger the save button. It also seems that this limitation is purely to the number of characters used and not of its complexity.

Since I did not do any changes in the settings or so, I assume that something happened on the server side. But I can’t figure out what and need to fix that on my side. Unfortunately I don’t even know where to start.
Again, I am just a user and not coming from IT.

Help is much appreciated.
Please let me know, what you need to know in order to help me.

Regards
Gunnar

In such cases, I usually contact hosting support.
Well, yes, that’s the first thing to do and I already did that.
The web side is hosted on servers of our national wide club and serviced by volunteers.
Up to now I did not get any helpful answer from them which is the reason for me to try to fix it on my side.
Moving the Page to a different host is not an option at the moment.

In a very amateurish way I counted 8182 characters of source code and 8175 characters in the resulting page as maximum possible.
Does that sound any familiar?

Another page that I have created there before has a count of >24.000 characters and gave no problems.

I am quite lost at the moment.