Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using GETSIMPLE on existing website
roguetide Wrote:Thanks for the reply, yojoe!

I'm looking for something simple to install and more over, simple for users to..well...use. Basically, I've created a website for a charity organisation in my area, but now, a month later, they would like to have more control over the content. They've asked for some sort of admin panel that will allow them to modify parts of their site; news links, updates on events or adding/removing links to various events.

Thanks!

RT

Just like CC said. GS is a truly simple content management system, and after you listed requirements it should be able to fulfill the needs.
Plugins you will definitely need:
- news manager
- mvlacek's i18n custom fields - although you might be fine with using contentboxes functionality, but it depends if guys from the charity org will get familiar with copy->pasting some texts
- gallery plugin <- as we love galleries Smile
- freshly created plugin for managing users

Theme will surely need some customizing, as if you want to make the management a bit easier and automatize it as possible, you will have to embed certain page's content in dedicated content container.
To be more specific: if you want to allow editing a small content box with a wysiwyg editor, let's say it's a "did you know that.." you can achieve it in 3 different ways
1. by using contentboxes - but they do not offer wysiwyg editor, so they basically offer only plain text editing
2. creating a page without adding it to menu. You will have to include this page's content in template manually. You can find howto's and even plugins for this solution Smile
3. using above mentioned customfields plugin

uhh, that's quite a long reply.
Just install a test instance of GS, play with it a bit and read GS wiki Wink
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
Using GETSIMPLE on existing website - by yojoe - 2011-04-16, 01:06:27
Using GETSIMPLE on existing website - by ccagle8 - 2011-04-16, 05:11:53
Using GETSIMPLE on existing website - by yojoe - 2011-04-16, 06:40:12
Using GETSIMPLE on existing website - by yojoe - 2011-04-20, 10:36:50