Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core feature - like Items Manager Plugin
Connie:

a. ) Sorry for comparing GetSimple with joomla. Extremely rough thing to do, indeed Smile

Regarding the other CMS, I made the comparison because I would like to build not just "very small websites".
GS should be able to do more than this.

Nowadays websites are not what they used to be, just take a look at any 2010 - 2012 site template on ThemeForest.net to see how many features designers prebuild with them.

b.) Just try to convert a professional template with several features like, portfolio, price tables, services, testimonials and so on, to GetSimple and you will find out that GS is simply not ready for this kind of job.

Remember that the client has to be able to modify such data in the site!

c.) Regarding "Items Manager v0.9" it seems to me that it is way too complex for only 1 man to deal with it. I know the team is busy with launching of 3.1 final, but perhaps Items Manager could get some attention. (actually, the purpose of my debate Smile )

This plugin is some kind of universal plugin for - News, Products, Blog, Catalog, testimonials, Special Offers, links, articles, partners section, contact or team list, various lists, etc.

One could do almost anything with just this plugin, in a structured way.

Items Manager v0.9 is really, really general purpose and versatile (IMHO), and that is why I thought it could make it-s way to core. It is ok as plugin, but it will be difficult to synchronize with I18N, for an example ...

I think GS needs such a powerful feature to rich it-s potential. As core or plugin feature It definitely needs it in order to be able to create professional websites.

Respectfully,
tazmandev, aka Calin

Messages In This Thread
Core feature - like Items Manager Plugin - by tazmandev - 2012-01-21, 00:06:24