Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Core feature - like Items Manager Plugin
I found myself instantly dismissing the authors post with the same" its not drupal" argument, but then i thought about it. It sounds like ( for the features mentioned ) that it would all be doable with 2 things.

1. A standard back end data store.

2. A front end templating system. It can be fairly basic by simply adding the functionality to GS core of allowing multiple section or editor instances in the admin interface. So instead of just a page editor there would be and editor for each section in the "module template" and either static data or linked to the backend data store.

This whole thing in istelf could even probably be a plguin.

For the datastore, plugins can be made to interface with this directly, for example a jquery datatables editor or some other individual record field editor if one chose.

The front end would be a module system, not exactly theme styles, and not exactly components something like pages inside a page.

It does sound like item manager is pretty close to this, although i haven't used it yet. But i imagine it will have limitation with regards to its db and it front end record editor and non shareable templates.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix

Messages In This Thread
Core feature - like Items Manager Plugin - by shawn_a - 2012-01-22, 02:30:21