Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple on Bluehost has CloudFlare spam?
shovenose Wrote:I'm going to do some research and see if I can find some information as to why that would show up. Even though it could just be a CloudFlare false positive.
Also check all of your websites for injected/hacked iframes.

However, keep in mind that.
1. BlueHost is shared hosting, meaning that that there are 1000+ sites on that server. If a single one of those sites gets hacked and starts doing nasty things, it can affect every site on the server.
2. BlueHost is a lousy hosting provider. "unlimited" doesn't exist... find me an unlimited hard drive at the store, I'll personally put it in one of my servers and provide you unlimited hosting for an unlimited time at an unlimited price... see where I'm going with this? also keep in mind that BlueHost is owned by Endurance International Group, who has a poor reputation and owns ~40 other companies, including HostMonster, JustHost, Fatcow, iPage.

Well, even if it is supposed to show up, it's not implementing correctly, is it? All I get is a stray code snippet at the top of each page in the admin...

I spent 3-4 hours yesterday combing through my server files and ultimately deleting a lot of things trying to find the culprit -- I'm down to the root files and a brand new GetSimple installation in a sub-directory. I still get the stray code snippet. I'll keep checking.

So this is now a built-in behavior for GetSimple? It appears to be happening when GetSimple calls home to check for updates.

Thanks for your help,
Addison

Messages In This Thread
GetSimple on Bluehost has CloudFlare spam? - by addison - 2012-10-19, 23:07:59