Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
.htaccess blocks all images from website
if you have to delete the "Options - indexes" directive to have GS working, you really have an exotic server configuration
I tell you that I use that directive all the time without negative results.

Please do us a favour: do not be angry but give more detailled information:

RewriteBase is a very sensitive directive and you do not tell us what you entered there and we do not know the content of your .htaccess file nor the structure of your installation / server space.

So, please do not be impatient (I have the feeling you are kind of aggressive now), but be confirmed that we all have no magic powers, nobody here is a fortuneteller, so we need more detailled information.

1) in which directory sits the GetSimple installation?
2) show us your .htaccess file. How can I imagine the content of that file?
3) give us the URL of your site so we can check ourselve?
4) How did you include the images, using the editor to include them or pasting the generated HTML-code from the files-administration?

"Can I just copy & paste this solution or is there something I need to pay attention to in GetSimple? "
this is something which you can test yourself very fast: add it to the file, check your site with an empty browser cache, if it works, it is ok, if not you can delete it immediately
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18

Messages In This Thread
RE: .htaccess blocks all images from website - by Connie - 2012-11-23, 18:03:05