Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Different layout / themes on each page
(2012-12-12, 20:40:40)demir Wrote: Hello there,

I searched it but seems like I couldn't find anything.

The point I wonder is if it's possible to have each page with its own css?

I mean, think that I've got 5 pages (home - about us - services - gallery - contact) and they have got different parts, like a sidebar on right, a slider part just under header part etc..Some pages have these parts and some dont.. So, when I built my websites with html I can build up different Css for each page even and it prevents the confusion / disorder.

Is that possible with GetSimple? If yes, how can I achieve this?

I tried creating 5 themes for my 5 pages but in admin area you can activate just 1 theme. And when you try to edit the pages you can just assign the "default" template.

The method in GS is that within a theme you have a different 'template' for a different page layout - the template being the php file which returns the html for your page, not the css. All themes have a default 'template.php' and you would add 'nosidebar.php', 'twocolumn.php', 'pagewithslider.php' as you like and then assign the template to a page in Pages - Edit Page - PAGE OPTIONS.

The css file is linked to the template in the <head> of the template just as per normal html so you can have different css files for different pages or just one for the whole site; or one for screen, one for handheld and one for print. My advice would be one css for the whole site and include the right page elements in each template.

Messages In This Thread
Different layout / themes on each page - by demir - 2012-12-12, 20:40:40
RE: Different layout / themes on each page - by Timbow - 2012-12-12, 21:57:41