Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin to import entries from Wordpress
(2013-01-10, 17:26:42)Connie Wrote: gkemp,

out of curiosity:

what is the reason for converting a big WP-blog to GetSimple? These are different systems, WP is more complex, why do you want to change the horses?

Cheers, Connie

I am a visual artist. WP was never the best solution for my needs, but I selected it about 10 years ago and have used it since. Over time, it has become slower and slower. I have spent time optimizing the site, reducing plugins, caching files, cleaning up the database, etc.

GetSimple is fast. I don't necessarily need most of the features of WP. But I do keep a journal (blog) as a "news" feature of my site and it is quite extensive now (10 years later). So I would like to use a simple CMS like GetSimple that uses file-based data rather than MySQL databases because this seems much faster. I have created websites for two friends on the same account and same server as my own, using GetSimple and their sites are dramatically faster than my own.

I may convert my site to GetSimple and add a link to the WP site, stripped of everything but the "news" (blog) entries, but that would leave me with two CMS's to maintain.

I looked into the possibility of hooking WP into an existing site, or in my case, a GetSimple site and found some information here: http://codex.wordpress.org/User:Jalenack...sting_Site

This might be a good solution for someone with lots of WP posts who wants to move to GetSimple.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plugin to import entries from Wordpress - by gkemp - 2013-01-11, 01:06:55