Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding multiple get_component( );
Hello everyone,

I was looking for a databaseless CMS solution and I found GetSimple and fell in love Wink

I am working normally with Joomla and Wordpress so it looked quite familiar and I created a theme quite quickly.

But now I am a bit lost and I couldn't find a solution for my problem after searching the internet by Google all night and I didn't find the right apporach here either.

In Joomla and Wordpress I am used to add positions for modules (Joomla) and widgets (Wordpress). If I did understand it correctly this feature is called "components" in GetSimple.

So when I had a look at the standard theme I saw two tags
Code:
"get_component('sidebar');
and
Code:
<?php get_component('tagline'); ?>

Now I would like to add extra "sidebars" over and under the container with the main content.

Like I said before I did a thorough research and I wanted to know if these extra "sidebars" should be created in the functions.php like the sidebars in Wordpress.

I tried to insert component tags directly in the template.php (for learning reasons I don't have include files)

I created three div's (each 31% with 2% margin right except for the one at the right side) and inserted
Code:
"get_component();"
-tags

Code:
<div class="col_100 wrap">
        <div class="col_33">
        <?php get_component('left'); ?>
        </div>
        <div class="col_33">
        <?php get_component('center'); ?>
        </div>
        <div class="col_33 wrap">
        <?php get_component('right'); ?>
        </div>
</div>

In the backend of GetSimple there are no buttons added (the ones one sees at the right when managing/creating components). After adding these tags there are still just two buttons.

One called "sidebar" and one called "tagline".

I addded an image to visualize the buttons I am wrting about.

My clients really like to have many positions in their design (even if they mostly don't use them but they pay and I play Wink ) and I would love to offer this CMS as a new service for clients who have a hosting package without a database. Saves me endless discussions why they need to upgrade and pay more, which is always an unpopular issue Smile

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regards,

Rob van Linda

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Adding multiple get_component( ); - by cyberviews - 2014-02-13, 19:13:03
RE: Adding multiple get_component( ); - by Timbow - 2014-02-13, 22:35:52
RE: Adding multiple get_component( ); - by Timbow - 2014-02-13, 20:57:59
RE: Adding multiple get_component( ); - by Timbow - 2014-02-13, 22:21:25
RE: Adding multiple get_component( ); - by Timbow - 2014-02-13, 22:49:25