Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
files permission problem chmod()
Hi everyone,
I have installed GS on my local pc and done everything I need and connect it to my design but after I uploading the files (as a .zip through the cpanel) I couldn't edit anything (pages or setting) both through errors.

health-check seems good, everything green even the chmod check.

After some search here I changed all the XML files chmod (Using the cPanel File Manager) to 777.
And all the folders to 775, now I can edit the pages but I cant upload any image!
It use to though errors but it doesn't anymore, maybe because I changed some of the files chmod. Also Im using the "imagizer" plugin but when I click on it I just get this error

Quote:Catchable fatal error: Argument 1 passed to save_config() must be an instance of SimpleXMLExtended, instance of stdClass given, called in /home/tester/public_html/gs/plugins/Imagizer.php on line 117 and defined in /home/tester/public_html/gs/plugins/Imagizer.php on line 122

(even if i disable it, i cant upload.)

Finally I tried to install a fresh one 3.3.1, but when I go to admin to install it I get heaps of this 2 errors for different files

Quote:Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /home/tester/public_html/test/gs/admin/install.php on line 42

Quote:Warning: copy(/home/tester/public_html/test/gs/data/tmp.tmp) [function.copy]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/tester/public_html/test/gs/admin/install.php on line 43

I dont know what are a good/safe chmod i should use for each files. or if there is something wrong or need to be changed in the server? what is it? I have tried everything with the fresh installation, setting everything to 777 makes some of the errors disappear

Messages In This Thread
files permission problem chmod() - by et3rnal - 2014-02-14, 21:27:49
RE: files permission problem chmod() - by cmb - 2014-02-20, 05:16:40
RE: files permission problem chmod() - by shawn_a - 2014-02-20, 06:37:27
RE: files permission problem chmod() - by cmb - 2014-02-20, 07:21:31
RE: files permission problem chmod() - by shawn_a - 2014-02-20, 08:07:49