Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] CKEditor custom config - gsconfig.php definition does not work
I just didn't know that there are more GSEDITOROPTIONS and in that case, you can separate each with a comma.

shawn_a Wrote:You cannot define anything more than once, that is what a definition is, usually you get php errors from this.
always check error.txt when you are figuring something out, should be the first thing you do.
That makes sense. I did not know about errorlog.txt at all, always turned debug mode on and looked at the errors on the screen.

shawn_a Wrote:noone takes care of the wiki, its a wiki, everyone takes care of it, or noone....
Alright, I did not know that anyone can edit it (as it look differently), I always looked at it as a guide, not a wiki like wikipedia which is for everyone made by everyone.

(2014-03-08, 05:15:55)shawn_a Wrote: Also if you are using a custom config just move all that junk into it instead.
and just leave the customConfig in there

You have to make a copy of the config.js first into yours or else it wont work at all
That's what I did, I just wanted to point out that the default setting supplied with GetSimple might be better.

(2014-03-08, 05:27:44)shawn_a Wrote: I admit this is probably overly complicated, and the fact that you cannot load multiple configs in ckeditor that I know of , I assumed that configs would load then custom overriding, but that is not how it works, and it was already decided to move all gs custom stuff into it so that it was portable, all plugins could use it with no special php functions, also it made upgrading ckeditor a hell of a lot easier now.
It's okay as it is now, I just wasn't aware of that so it was a kind of fight to find it out.

(2014-03-08, 08:12:53)shawn_a Wrote: Only problem is if you need to override something inline you cannot, you must override it with gseditortools, eg. filebrowserBrowseUrl etc. check edit.php for the inline stuff.

I am trying to figure out the best way to redo all this so it can all be done with a custom config you can leave in your installs and not have to edit anything. But the inline stuff had to stay to keep major plugins working.

I'm defining the editor toolbar options with GSEDITORTOOL separately, I don't see any problems there. And it's I didn't have to add anything about this at the GSEDITOROPTIONS, so this is pretty straightforward.

It look like this, though I will have to go through all the options and maybe add something more but still keep it simple.

Code:
# WYSIWYG toolbars (advanced, basic or [custom config])
define('GSEDITORTOOL',"['Source', '-', 'Preview'],
  ['Paste', '-', 'SpellChecker', 'Scayt'],
  ['Undo', 'Redo', '-', 'Find', 'Replace', '-', 'SelectAll', 'RemoveFormat'],
  ['Image' ,'IMCE', 'MediaEmbed', 'Table', 'HorizontalRule'],
  ['Maximize', 'ShowBlocks'],
  '/',
  ['Bold', 'Italic', '-', 'Subscript', 'Superscript'],
  ['NumberedList', 'BulletedList'],
  ['JustifyLeft', 'JustifyCenter', 'JustifyRight'],
  ['Link', 'Unlink'],
  '/',
  ['Styles', 'Format']
");

Thank you for your attention.
Tomáš Janeček - Multilingual personal website powered by GetSimple
» The little I did for GetSimple

Messages In This Thread
RE: [SOLVED] CKEditor custom config - gsconfig.php definition does not work - by TeeJay - 2014-03-09, 02:38:06