Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can we use Template engine for Get-Simple need suggestion from GS Team
Personally I think template engines merely add another layer to the process and complicate and extend the learning curve. After all, php is a templating engine.

One of the things that I find so pleasing about Get-Simple is that the presentation layer is html and css with predefined functions (your template tags) that you drop in to call the dynamic content.

What is the difference between <?php get_header(); ?> and {$header} in your template? Well, you need something to go find the {$header} tags and then execute the get_header function, then replace the {$header} tag. Doesn't that double the work to achieve the same thing?

Also, you have the ability to create your own custom functions (template tags). With a template engine, the template engine would have to be made aware of the functions and the custom variables in your template. This would be yet two more steps to perform to accomplish a single task.

You want to see what adding a template engine does to designing a website? I challenge you to build a template (theme) for wordpress in just a couple of hours.

You don't have to know a single thing about php to use the current system. All you have to do is go to the documentation on template tags, copy the tag that describes what you want for dynamic content and paste it into the template.

Remember, this is Get-Simple, not Get-Complicated.

Messages In This Thread
Can we use Template engine for Get-Simple need suggestion from GS Team - by herb - 2010-11-21, 06:41:12