Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forking GetSimple
Knitter,

Sorry you feel the GetSimple developers are in someway ignoring you and/or the many issue and feature requests others have made. The truth is, which should be obvious here, GetSimple is not a for-profit product or service.

We are not paid or sponsored by anyone nor do the donations that trickle in (is here a word that is slower than trickle?) nearly enough to allow us to dedicate our lives to this. I love GetSimple, and spend some of my spare time (along with Zegnat, Matt and Mike) coding and on these forums trying to answer questions - without any $$ compensation I might add.

Because we are not paid to do this, being on these forums every day cannot be our priority. I am sorry you see me sparingly, but if you look at the post counts, I am almost certain that the 4 official team members have some of the highest post counts here. What else do you expect from us?

Some of you that might read this might be concerned about the future of GS if the developers "don't have time." I promise you all this: GS will continue to grow and continue to become more of a mature product as the months and years roll on. Just because you see me take a month or two, or three off of these forums does not mean anything about the future of this project. I think it is unrealistic for anyone to expect the GS team to be on here every day or week answering questions.

I am wholly dedicated to this project. The other team members can speak for themselves, but I think it's obvious since Mike, Matt and Zegnat have been on these forums since Day 1 and are still around.

So good luck with the fork - I'm sure you will create a great project from GS's base code. This is what open source is all about.

Knitter (or anyone else) - if you would like to take this offline and maybe talk about some of the more specific concerns you have with our code - and/or it's direction, please email me at admin@cagintranet.com

Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!

Messages In This Thread
Forking GetSimple - by Knitter - 2011-01-30, 02:32:01
Forking GetSimple - by getsimplethemes - 2011-02-01, 01:29:18
Forking GetSimple - by Knitter - 2011-02-01, 01:45:35
Forking GetSimple - by JWH_Matthew - 2011-02-01, 03:24:11
Forking GetSimple - by Knitter - 2011-02-01, 03:41:45
Forking GetSimple - by marrco - 2011-02-01, 04:12:02
Forking GetSimple - by ccagle8 - 2011-02-01, 07:17:21
Forking GetSimple - by Knitter - 2011-02-01, 08:07:01
Forking GetSimple - by ccagle8 - 2011-02-01, 11:41:42