Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
paste html link with thumbnail into page content
Currently the only way of pasting a generated link to an img is only available by displaying document sourcecode and pasting html code in proper place.
Since such method isn't user friendly, and user has to have at least basic knowledge about html language, I'm wondering if there's a way to paste a generated link with thumbnail to uploaded image directly in the ckeditor area. For example in table cells.

There are 2 ckeditor plugins named htmldataprocessor and htmlwriter, but both do not exist in latest ckedit v3.5.2 (gs 3b has ckedit 3.1), and they hang ckedit window during initialisation.
I haven't succeeded in finding such plugin for ckedit, and I doubt it even exist.

Thus I'd like to request a functionality that simple image gallery plugin contains. It generates a gallery tag to be placed right in the page content, such as {squareit_gallery_4d6edb9716216}.
If it would be possible to generate links to uploaded photo as a some kind of a tag like {image_name-N}, where N is the number of chosen version of link (link to img, html code of full img, link with thumbnail etc) it would offer end user a simple method to embed a link/photo to uploaded img instead of editing page's source to paste generated html code.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
paste html link with thumbnail into page content - by yojoe - 2011-03-08, 09:56:55