Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #3... Final Call!
ccagle8 Wrote:@yojoe - not really following your first bug. DELETEPAGE_TITLE is used in the title of the "X". When a user clicks "X", a popup window pulls the title of the link that was just clicked, and displays it. At this point the user can click cancel if they do not want to delete the page.

It's also used in page creation/edit at the bottom cancel edit / delete
There's only "delete" word, and I think it should be "delete page".
I wasn't referring to main page with page list and # X buttons.

Quote:I am trying to stay away from images in general within the backend of the site - so I am going to stick with the "#" symbol for the link. I think it looks cleaner than if an icon was used.
K, no prob. It's just that I would never have guessed what is the meaning of # close to page's creation date, until pointing it with mouse cursor Wink

Quote:I originally (way before GS was ever released) tried the hover thing, but didnt care for it. I got the idea from how WordPress handles their pages. In the end, i thought the "X" was small and unobtrusive enough that i didnt mind it always staying there.
To be honest didn't know WP uses it. I've never been deep into WP, maybe used twice or thrice to create a blog platform. But I dropped it after seeing what people are trying to do build using this platform.

Anyway, buttons for viewing the page and deleting it are a bit too close (or the other way: buttons are too small) for my taste of usability, and confirmation window doesn't play a role on the first place.
Maybe additional headers for both columns would be a good idea: page name | date | view | delete, or setting column with view buttons to be the first one (before page list) ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #3... Final Call! - by yojoe - 2011-03-16, 07:25:29