Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unified directory for plugin translation files
mvlcek Wrote:It's as easy for the user to copy a file to say "it-IT.php" and translate it. And when he is happy with it, he should be encouraged to send it to the plugin developer.

Agreed. It will be up to the translator and plugin developer to coordinate packing translation files.

mvlcek Wrote:I don't think renaming the file to language.php is a good idea

Agreed, but maybe certain plugin developers don't have the time or know-how to create a language switcher within their plugin. This is a decent alternative.

mvlcek Wrote:texts should be merged (although with a prefix that's not really important), i.e. if the key already exists, it is not overwritten
I would have to look into how PHP handles array merges. Hopefully the prefixing is possible.

I like the idea of forcing the directory structure with the i18n_merge('myplugin-folder', 'mylanguage') call. It will allow anyone using a plugin to know exactly where the language files are to be placed.

mvlcek Wrote:Nice compromise
Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!

Messages In This Thread
unified directory for plugin translation files - by ccagle8 - 2011-03-16, 23:29:17