Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big help for beginner's us
Kristian, I'm not a CSS expert, but I have not yet come across such a possibility as you seem to require. To my mind it appears that you could be looking for a thing called a pop-up. It's a CSS3 thing. Not very cross-browser friendly yet, though.

When you hover over a word or a link a box "pops-up" over the existing page (positive z-index) usually with no more than a hundred word explanation of that thing you hovered over. You could theoretically make a pop-up as big as you want to but that kind of defeats the whole purpose of CSS (which is to reduce load times, essentially; stylers are going to kill me for saying that).

I'm afraid that if you want to see what is on the back page of the newspaper you have to unfortunately turn the newspaper over. That is you have to go to page "B" to see what is on page "B".

The only other method is to use a link (called a page jump) that takes you further down the same page and then back up to the menu again. Its a clever way of making it seem as though there are many pages when in fact there is just one.

Briefly, you start with a navigation list: (a is for anchor)

<li>
<a href="#One">One</a>
<a href="#Two">Two</a>
<a href="#Three">Three</a>
</li>

Then just below the list you put this: <a name="Home"></a>. This will tell your return link where to come "home" to.

Now you need your return link (usually at the bottom of a paragraph or section).

Looks something like this: <a href="#Home">Back to Menu</a> which will return you to your nav list at the top of the page. As I said before, it's a brilliantly simple way of putting everything on one page and making it look like many pages. Why is it so cool? Well, there's no page reloading involved, is there? So the jumps happen instantly.

Put your request out to a few CSS forums and see what they come up with. Further than that I'd have to say you've got me!

Enjoy.

Messages In This Thread
big help for beginner's us - by kristian - 2010-10-15, 06:48:29
big help for beginner's us - by kristian - 2010-10-15, 15:53:42
big help for beginner's us - by Zegnåt - 2010-10-15, 17:00:36
big help for beginner's us - by ccagle8 - 2010-10-15, 22:08:00
big help for beginner's us - by Galen777 - 2010-10-16, 00:38:22
big help for beginner's us - by kristian - 2010-10-16, 01:57:47
big help for beginner's us - by yojoe - 2010-10-16, 02:53:10
big help for beginner's us - by Galen777 - 2010-10-16, 23:48:11
big help for beginner's us - by kristian - 2010-10-17, 00:08:53
big help for beginner's us - by Galen777 - 2010-10-17, 18:24:43