Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUESTION open page in new window
Hi Alex,

nice work and method. It works 100% but you have to add the menu entries manually to the template and if you change template you have to redo the changings.

I am looking for something like that:
(1)
If you create a new page you get an option under "show this page in menu" where you can select the target (e.g. after "placement of menu entry"). Normally it is predefined as "same window" - but you can selevt other targets, too

(2)
If you put a complete URL to "slug" the created menu entry will be an external link - can be to a page or to a file. All text you put to the page is without any influence. But the position of the link in menu and the target are working in this "mode", too.

It would be very easy implementation to getsimple base files. Both would need only a few lines to be added. I wonder if this feature is interesting for the project. It is overshooting to create a plugin for this. Additionally I haven't read the API documentation if this can ve done via plugin. If it is interesting for the project I would fork GitHub, do the additions and make a pull request. But I want to be future-proof so I do not want to make it only for my use. Every update would trash the additions.

df8oe

Messages In This Thread
open page in new window - by df8oe - 2018-11-04, 19:59:11
RE: open page in new window - by Carlos - 2018-11-04, 22:01:14
RE: open page in new window - by df8oe - 2018-11-04, 23:35:29
RE: open page in new window - by Alexander_ - 2018-11-06, 22:55:40
RE: open page in new window - by df8oe - 2018-11-07, 02:51:47
RE: open page in new window - by vanfruniken - 2018-11-16, 22:03:40