Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using GetSimple as a Wiki, Blog and general site?
yojoe Wrote:- fetch certain directory content and show it automatically on dedicated page; you'd have to upload files manually via ftp, or install manually ckfinder (you can find a howto on GS forums)
I'm inclined to go this way, though I'll probably use one other file manager for ckeditor instead of ckfinder.

yojoe Wrote:3. sure thing -> p01's contact form plugin
4. sure thing -> news/blog like plugin
5. sure thing -> p01's simple gallery plugin
Don't really like any of those Sad. The contact plugin feels awkward to use and is not easy to modify.

Though I tested it some time ago and it may have change a lot, at least I've seen some development in the corresponding topic.

yojoe Wrote:Just install a testing instance of GS, search for and install needed plugins and look by yourself if GS is capable to fulfil your needs.
Already doing that, but it's always a good thing to hear from those who have more experience Wink

yojoe Wrote:But there's no way you can easily embed wiki system on any existing CMS (maybe some jomla-shmomla or wp has a plugin), but you can always try to load whole wiki into an iframe. But it's not an elegant solution.
I'll probably remove the wiki system. I first used the wiki because there was no easy way to add pages and change content, I had only the personal site with static info, but if I change to a CMS creating pages or correcting existing content easier.
Rejoice! For very bad things are about to happen.

Messages In This Thread
Using GetSimple as a Wiki, Blog and general site? - by Knitter - 2010-12-07, 20:18:04