Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
User Management (For Multi-User Feature - 3.0B)
I have created a 'User Management' script to manage & create users in version 3.0B. It crawls through the 'users' folder and puts the filenames in an array. It then uses the 'simplexml' function in php to grab the data from each user's xml file.

Some of the coding i wrote and some I scrapped from existing getsimple code.

Features:
*Displays each user's username, email, & language in a box on the 'settings.php' page.
Has edit button next to each user for quick and easy changes to the username, email, password, html editor, etc..

*Add New User button (also on 'settings.php' page) which when clicked on, expands a form to easily add a new user.

Note: I did my best to make sure everything is secure, however I am some what of a novice with php, so any help making the script better will be much appreciated.
Also if anyone has any pointers on settings into a plugin, that would be great as well.

Screenshots:

User's display:
[Image: User-Edit.JPG]

Edit User:
[Image: Edit-User2.jpg]

Add New User:
[Image: Add-User.JPG]

Features that will be added:
*I will be adding a permissions system (working on now) which will allow only certain functions to be available to users.. You will be able to decide these features on the 'edit user' section of the 'settings.php' page.
*I will also be adding a 'User Profile' page which each user can create, which would have information about them (ex: for a client of mine he wants his employees to be able to manage their own profile page which is viewable to the public. With this feature, that is the only allowance the user would have.

Installation:
-You must drag the following 2 files into the 'admin' folder:
-- 'editxml.php'
-- 'readxml.php'
-You then must copy the coding from 'settings-coding.php' into the 'settings.php' page in your desired spot.

This is not suppose to be a perfected script!! Use at your own risk, I am posting this because it is a project I am working on, and I do not believe anything like exists for getsimple yet. So far I have not run into any bugs or issues with it at its present state.

Again, I appreciate any assistance, suggestions

Messages In This Thread
User Management (For Multi-User Feature - 3.0B) - by mikeh - 2011-03-13, 10:20:33