Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #3... Final Call!
ccagle8 Wrote:I guess that would be a pretty neat UI thing, but it is working fine now as-is.
It's simple as using this cms Smile
install.php line 236
Code:
<select name="lang" id="lang" class="text" onchange="window.location='install.php?lang=' + this.value;">

Works flawlessly.

Quote:yeah, Joshas removed them when he upgraded CKEditor for us. I guess we could add a few major ones back into the SVN. I always felt like it was a crapshoot anyway to try and choose the languages that the CKEditor users *might* need.
Actually languages are basic limitation of software for users which do not operate in other languages than their native one. English is like 4th of 5th language when it goes to overall people using it at at least basic level.

I'd go with international version of english, and spanish. And european languages: french, italian, german, polish, russian, who are used pretty often. Maybe chineese if there is such translation, as I have seen once an oriental website standing on GS. There are as well Swedes, and couple balcan users who use GS ...
I'd even approach to this matter from other side: why ckeditor's language isn't being set automatically according to chosen GS language file ? Having this on mind ckeditor's package should contain languages into which GS has been translated already.

I came up lately with bunch of really small things which could be improved. Mostly when it goes to usability things. But it's always a matter of those small, unnoticed things being done automatically. And when they're gone, the world won't look the same Wink

Quote:Same thing with the main language files... not sure which ones would have a huge impact. Even a big CMS like Wordpress doesn't include any alt language files with it's install package i think.

I say it this way: if a webapplication would have to work similarly to wordpress, then why not use wordpress instead ?

edit: one more thing
it goes to settings tab: when there's only 1 language file in /admin/lang, the dropdown list with languages shouldn't be shown
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
GetSimple 3.0Beta in need of Testers #3... Final Call! - by yojoe - 2011-03-17, 03:39:55