Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying now a production site in Greek
I have been trying the original version (I think it was 2.3.?) and I am really impressed with the capabilities of this new software. So I decided to do a big jump and replace one of my Drupal based sites which is only in Greek (http://www.zhteitai-komma.com/Z_K/) This is a relatively large site with some pictures and videos and a lot of text.

So I installed version 3.0 in http://zk.ellada-mas.com/ and I must say that I am still impressed. After adding a total of 5 pages (including a modified index page) I can see that this software will be a great success in may areas. (By the way the theme of the above website(s) is the present mess with Greek politics and the title means: I am looking for a political party).

I do have a couple of problems which I am sure are very minor:
  • Since this site is only in Greek I noticed that although the final saved article can be viewed exactly as untented, in the browser, when it comes to edit the code is totally changed to strange characters. This makes editing almost impossible. (in fact in some articles when I try to edit the text ect are not there anymore, but they still show in the browser and they are in the xml files). I will attach a copy of the index page as a .txt file to demonstrate the problem.
    I have the feeling that this problem can be solved by changing the global encoding to charset=utf-8 All my other Greek websites work fine with that.
  • The second minor problem I have, is that I am unable to edit the components of the theme. I am using the Default_Simple theme, but I tried the other themes and I get the same problem: as soon as I change something in the components and after I save it, I get an "Oops! Page not found!" and when I get back to admin nothing has changed

I looked for a translation in Greek and it is not available yet. I can try and make one by following some of the other translations. My written Greek is pretty good and my English is not bad either. I checked the en_GB.php and I think it will be easy for me to duplicate it in Greek. Let me know if this is OK and any additional tips that I may need. Once done I will be grad to submit it checking and for your repo. I guess the question is where should I place the file el_EL.php once done in order to try it.

All the best to the team at GetSimple

Costas

Messages In This Thread
Trying now a production site in Greek - by costas100 - 2011-03-31, 01:15:43
Trying now a production site in Greek - by mvlcek - 2011-03-31, 01:41:38
Trying now a production site in Greek - by Connie - 2011-03-31, 04:41:11
Trying now a production site in Greek - by Connie - 2011-03-31, 05:43:05
Trying now a production site in Greek - by yojoe - 2011-03-31, 23:47:41
Trying now a production site in Greek - by Connie - 2011-04-01, 00:08:16
Trying now a production site in Greek - by yojoe - 2011-04-01, 00:23:49
Trying now a production site in Greek - by mikeh - 2011-04-29, 00:36:42