Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attention: I Removed All "0 Post" Users from This Forum
Sorry if I removed anyone that was a legitimate user (no posts, just an onlooker). Over the last week or so we've been inundated with spam registrations (some days the count was over 100!).
  • We first tried a all of the available PunBB anti-spam registration plugins... and they failed miserably.
  • We then tried changing all links to be "no-follow". The spammers haven't cared yet...

The last step I could make was the simply delete these spammers, but there was no easy way to tell someone who is a real person and has made 0 posts, and a spam account that has made 0 posts.

If you were one of the 3530 users that I just deleted, I apologize. Please sign up again, and this time please introduce yourself in either this post, or in the offtopic forum.

To the spammers that have been hammering this site lately.... we will not give up (especially Connie)

Note: This will probably be an ongoing cleanup that happens every couple months or so. So please, if you sign up for an account - please say something... I would hate to delete good visitors again.

Take Care,
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!

Messages In This Thread
Attention: I Removed All "0 Post" Users from This Forum - by ccagle8 - 2011-07-07, 10:27:30