Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting a small site into get-simple
lenb Wrote:I've been reading the wiki and I am not finding anything that will help me get a pre-existing site into GetSimple. The wiki does not appear to address this problem. Also, see nothing about GS tags.

I'm afraid that at this point, I am to ignorant to even understand the reply posts. Yojo replied as below and I have no idea what it means.

add basic GS tags (see wiki) into your html template > save template as .php file > upload your template.
Everything you need to know is described in wiki.

My main goal is to be able to allow users to edit content safely. I see nothing about how I limit the sort of access which users may have (assuming I create multiple users with the multi-user plugin).

Is this possible in GetSimple.

Thanks.
By template tags, yojoe really means a set of php includes. Assuming you are good with HTML and CSS, you can easily edit one of the existing templates and add your own css/html code without having to start a theme from scratch. The multiuser plugin might be nice if you want to give each user their own login and password since the default installation only allows for one user account. You don't have to change any user permissions if you don't want to.
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.

Messages In This Thread
getting a small site into get-simple - by lenb - 2012-06-07, 04:18:03
getting a small site into get-simple - by yojoe - 2012-06-07, 08:49:44
getting a small site into get-simple - by lenb - 2012-06-08, 00:52:47
getting a small site into get-simple - by yojoe - 2012-06-08, 04:05:55
getting a small site into get-simple - by yurifanboy - 2012-06-08, 08:12:33
getting a small site into get-simple - by jay_m - 2012-06-09, 06:11:23