Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
looking for a solution to manage global custom fields
Howdy
I'm wondering if there's a solution (script/plugin/function/droplet etc.) to have something like global custom fields (long/short text inputs), usable across whole website.
I'd need this to store some vars, words or sentences in an easy to manage way, and output them across whole website in various places.

I - of course - know about plugins like custom fields or default component functionality, but none of them solves the problem, is easy to use and fast to manage.
Custom fields are page dependant, and all fields show in page's option.
There's no easy way to hide those fields in page's options.
Using components is too risky, and managing at least 20-30 changeable values using them would be a total misunderstanding.

There are more reasons but you get the point: easiest possible way to add a new input, echo its content in for example footer. Let it be even a phone number, which have to be changed in couple places at once.
As for now I'm using some kind of translation file, where values might be changed by editing one of template files, but this is a usability destroyer, and a disaster for non-techie person.

Developing a plugin for it is the only way I see, but maybe somebody already invented something like this and forgot/would like to share ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad

Messages In This Thread
looking for a solution to manage global custom fields - by yojoe - 2013-02-07, 03:50:15