Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing base URL setting - what else must I do?
I spoke to soon - website loading badly again.

Thanks internet54, I will try as you suggested. Just wondering whether the propagation of the DNS has anything to do with it.

Cheers

UPDATE:
Hi internet54, I tried as you suggested. Couldn't change website.xml via admin, so downloaded it to change manually and the URL is already pointing to the right URL (NEWCLIENT.COM).

I couldnt seem to uncheck SEO friendly option though. Everytime I unchecked and clicked save, it says updated but the SEO URL is still checked. Then I realized that, because I could no longer access the admin page with NEWCLIENT.COM/admin (which I could for a few minutes during which I changed the Site URL to NEWCLIENT.COM), I have been trying to make the changes using NEWHOSTING.COM/~NEWCLIENT/admin which had NEWCLIENT.COM in the website xml. If you're still following me, I then changed the SITE URL manually on the website xml back to the temporary URL. Now making changes in temporary URL/admin works and I am able to check and save SEO friendly URLs.

I sound confusing to me. Just wondering if this has to do with the new DNS propagation again.

Messages In This Thread
Changing base URL setting - what else must I do? - by Spaceman - 2010-03-03, 03:01:12